Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 05-17-2014, 01:52 AM   #1021
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Well I hopped off the fence and placed my pre-order through Spec Fiction today. The new pics convinced me.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:19 AM   #1022
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I really detest screwing in the base. I always fear the screw might strip or if you force it, the statue might break.
I'm with you. I have no issue with the base itself, but my heart skipped a beat or two with the suckerpunch statues.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 09:37 AM   #1023
Skullboy
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec Fiction View Post
It's still up for order guys. Not sold out.

Sorry just meant the $20 NRD deal no not sold out at all. Oh and thanks, not often you get such good communication from sellers, well done
Skullboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 12:49 PM   #1024
capchi3
Death is hereditary.

Just ordered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec Fiction View Post
It's still up for order guys. Not sold out.
Just pre-ordered last night!.....thanks
capchi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 12:54 PM   #1025
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Lucky seems pretty popular. I don't remember this many pre-orders for Derby.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 01:24 PM   #1026
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Lucky seems pretty popular. I don't remember this many pre-orders for Derby.
Just PO'ed min with Spec Fiction today. She is shaping up to be a really badass statue!
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 07:18 PM   #1027
FROBAY
Phoenix

Ordered mine directly and wiped my reward points out. 45.00 in tax is just a crime!!! Hopefully this will be my last direct order from them.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:36 PM   #1028
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
I had no idea Lucky was up already. My goodness, just look at that face! The artist has done immensely well with her facial features. She's just gorgeous!

Only 2 gripes from this fan here: her shades look wonky and the gun nozzle looks ridiculous for that kind of ammo (or vice versa whichever you prefer). I mean I'm nowhere a gun expert but that stock looks more like what a 50cal door gunner would fire off.

But I'm out for now. These girls are too expensive and I may have to cancel Whisper and Derby even

Did anybody notice they listed Lucky at 1:6 scale? Gotta be a clear error right?

Still she's absolutely the most beautiful girl of the lot. She can fire my gun any day
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:43 AM   #1029
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Just ordered all the 3 girls the other day.. been wanting to place my P.O since Whisper was announced, it took me a while to make my decision bec of the price, but I am sure it is worth it, The details on these girls are phenomenal.. I have the sucker punch Blondie and up to now I am amazed on how well done she is.. Blondie is the reason why I decided to jump on the honey trap line. The quality of the piece gentle giant provide is really something I admire.

Last edited by markuz30; 05-19-2014 at 04:37 AM. Reason: Blondie not Babydoll.. hehehe
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:46 AM   #1030
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
Just ordered all the 3 girls the other day.. been wanting to place my P.O since Whisper was announced, it took me a while to make my decision bec of the price, but I am sure it is worth it, The details on these girls are phenomenal.. I have the sucker punch Babydoll and up to now I am amazed on how well done she is.. Babydoll is the reason why I decided to jump on the honey trap line. The quality of the piece gentle giant provide is really something I admire.
I just sold my Babydoll (US version) to my brother at a tremendous discount. Since I hold myself responsible for his new statue collecting addiction, it was the least I could do. And Babydoll was just boxed away in my closet anyway. Unboxing her at his place, I was reminded of the AMAZING detail and paints. Indeed, the Sucker Punch girls are what turned me on to Gentle Giant. Oh, hey, pun!

Even without seeing the movie, they look like they walked straight off a fantasy art exhibit. Which is why I don't feel the need to have all girls in my collection. It will simply be my "odds and ends" pieces. The only one I'll end up keeping will probably be Sweet Pea (and maybe Blondie).

With the Honey Trap girls, I was only ever interested in Whisper, so I'll keep her preorder. Derby looks great as well and is loaded with detail, but it doesn't instill the same love/desire/interest to make me overlook the price tag. So far Lucky is the least interesting to me, but I can see why she would appeal to others. So far, just Whisper.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote