Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-08-2016, 10:21 AM   #21
jkno4u
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

For the price of a LSF (which I think is open edition too) I'd rather buy another 1:1 Stormie armor and put on a second mannequin. It will be more impressive and maybe even cheaper as well.
jkno4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:06 PM   #22
ozboy
Birdman

I'll get one second hand and like my last 4 LSF's save 1k in the process. They're 40% overpriced except R2 that's 90% overpriced...
ozboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 12:18 AM   #23
Inkedsushi
A day without sunshine is like... night.

This would be awesome and I want to buy but I'm thinking waaaay over priced just like R2 and C3. The price is insane for an exact duplicate of the PF. I mean exact and just double the size. Where they get 5 times the price is shocking and I NEVER complain about prices.
Inkedsushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 06:17 AM   #24
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkedsushi View Post
This would be awesome and I want to buy but I'm thinking waaaay over priced just like R2 and C3. The price is insane for an exact duplicate of the PF. I mean exact and just double the size. Where they get 5 times the price is shocking and I NEVER complain about prices.

Not to defend the pricing of LSF's as I agree they seem expensive which is probably why I don't own any despite really liking a few.. I do wish I'd bought the Wolf Predator however with the benefit of hindsight.

Anyway, the thinking that something twice the size should be twice the price when regarding 3d objects doesn't hold up. In reality, an 1/2 LSF is more than twice the size of an 1/4 PF of the same character as all of the dimensions scale up equally, not just the height. The volume is eight times larger, the surface area is four times bigger. Now, you could argue pricing to produce each item may not be exactly like for like based on the size alone, but that's a different argument and would be assumption as nobody outside of Sideshow knows what they are being charged to produce their various products. Just thought I'd get it out there. Plus, we haven't actually seen this yet however to know what the exact pose is, nor do we know the price of it.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 11:39 AM   #25
Inkedsushi
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Not to defend the pricing of LSF's as I agree they seem expensive which is probably why I don't own any despite really liking a few.. I do wish I'd bought the Wolf Predator however with the benefit of hindsight.

Anyway, the thinking that something twice the size should be twice the price when regarding 3d objects doesn't hold up. In reality, an 1/2 LSF is more than twice the size of an 1/4 PF of the same character as all of the dimensions scale up equally, not just the height. The volume is eight times larger, the surface area is four times bigger. Now, you could argue pricing to produce each item may not be exactly like for like based on the size alone, but that's a different argument and would be assumption as nobody outside of Sideshow knows what they are being charged to produce their various products. Just thought I'd get it out there. Plus, we haven't actually seen this yet however to know what the exact pose is, nor do we know the price of it.
You're right python. I was very vague on my rant. I don't think price should reflect just on double the size at all. LSF's are supposed to be better all around. Better everything. Using R2 again, the only thing better is the size. Obviously there isn't much they can do to change his pose or looks. But they could have added things like a sound board to his plastic body, better lighting(remote controlled), and added R2's tools. I don't know, but something than just a duplicate of the PF. Honestly, R2 should have been life size for that price and I would have purchased. I'm just assuming the same with the storm trooper. I'm hoping I'm wrong.
Inkedsushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 12:55 PM   #26
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Not enough information is what hinders a lot about this line. I don't blame anyone for passing even if you get one that seems "worth it" for many like Wolf turned out to be.

It seems ridiculous to have a no ES policy for such expensive items.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 08:12 AM   #27
Python
Omega Red

Hmmm, so it looks as if this will have switch out options, or is somewhat poseable for those who can afford two. A nice option. Note the different head and arm positions. Unless there are two versions to choose from that mirror each other.

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 08:27 AM   #28
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
Not enough information is what hinders a lot about this line. I don't blame anyone for passing even if you get one that seems "worth it" for many like Wolf turned out to be.

It seems ridiculous to have a no ES policy for such expensive items.
Not from a business stand point. They can keep cranking 'em out and not worry about a time frame/ES etc. Pretty brilliant on SS's part.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:49 AM   #29
ambasah
Red Skull

it is a double edged sword. They lost a lot of business because there was no edition size.

anyone try and sell an lsf in the aftermarket? You will be lucky to break even on most of them...it will have a negative effect on this scale long-term.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 12:55 PM   #30
BurningRage
Inhumans

I would never want to sell back statues this big. I would only buy ones I would keep.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote