Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-08-2017, 01:01 AM   #1081
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
For one, its going to be far from 500 es with the way people order right away. Therein lies my point on why our final decisions is to holding out. Its the difference between paying $570 retail or getting it cheaper buying second hand.
you still didn't answer my question. but it sounds like you don't want the EX, so that's fine. But if other's want the unmasked head so be it, not sure why you're all worked up about it.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 01:07 AM   #1082
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

The XM Wolverines base is giant. It means bigger box and super heavy piece. It will cost big bucks once flipper middle men get them like everyone else. Did I mention they messed up yellow big time and know there is interest in getting a more perfect version. You're paying for this folks!
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 01:43 AM   #1083
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
Its mostly all the newer members of the last few years that are ordering, while the older members know better and are holding out. lol!
I didn't know that a persons Forum Membership date directly corresponded with the date they started collecting.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 02:00 AM   #1084
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
The XM Wolverines base is giant. It means bigger box and super heavy piece. It will cost big bucks once flipper middle men get them like everyone else. Did I mention they messed up yellow big time and know there is interest in getting a more perfect version. You're paying for this folks!
XM Wolverine is 7,5 Kg and the box isn't big at all. So it's only 2 Kg more than the SS Wolverine
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:34 AM   #1085
Wolverine_X-Men
Doh!

Hi everyone. I'm posting here for the second time as it could look like I'm a new member, it's not completely true as I was coming to this forum since a couple of years before I decided to register myself (mostly in order to see the pictures).

What I want to say it's not because some people are not "active" on those forums that it means they are not collectors.

I start collecting in 2009-10. As I live in Europe, for a couple of years I was buying through European stores only. And now since 2 years and half I start ordering through Sideshow. The reason is that those European stores have raised their prices and blow the roof with them. Today it's still less expensive for me to buy overseas even with the shipping cost and the customs fees than ordering in Europe. And the best part of it is that I get the Exclusive and have the statue few monts before it comes through European retailers.

Example for my last statue Geral of Rivia EX (Prime 1).
Sideshow's price: 770$ + 133$ for the shipping + 72$ for the customs = 975$/830€

In Europe the price for this statue starts at 1175$/1000€ and it's only the reg. So I saved 200$/170€

Even for reg statues, I did the same for Bane and saved 80€ going with Sideshow.

And don't forget the rewards points, I used 132$ on this Wolverine. With the FlexPay option this statue is a steal !

As a collector I don't get the ES thing. I means if you love the statue and want it in your collection then just buy it.

Why do you want to wait ? If it's under 1000 ES you jump on it, if it's over 2500 ES you pass ? Or maybe you just like to play with fire and jump only on waiting list to see it convert. I still don't get it.

Anyway congrats to all who buy it. Now we're going to wait at least one year before it goes on our shelves.
Wolverine_X-Men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:52 AM   #1086
Mjollnir
Doh!

I know I like the Wolverine, and it is the best yellow Wolverine, that's enough.
As for the ES, who cares?
Mjollnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:57 AM   #1087
Mjollnir
Doh!

As far as I know, Wolverine and Bane are made in the same factory
Old 12-08-2017, 04:35 AM   #1088
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Thank you for your help. I am considering this or Xm future Brown Wolverine
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:36 AM   #1089
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

The ES is TBD right, Does it means that I could order Jan?
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:42 AM   #1090
Mjollnir
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
Thank you for your help. I am considering this or Xm future Brown Wolverine
XM Brown only a design draw,and XM's Wolverine is disappointing whether it is yellow or weaponX