Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-19-2018, 06:34 PM   #31
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

well they have the Thundercats licence.
so i could see them getting this one considering its the same people who made TC.
if they do im totally down for a MONSTAR!!!
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:38 PM   #32
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80IconStatue View Post
There is so much amazing Silverhawks fan art online- but sadly there is no community for fans. Also I've found that the bulk of Silverhawks fans are in other countries, so there's a language barrier.

It seems like Silverhawks fans are rare birds- and even more rare is finding one with enough social awareness, enthusiasm and desire to share their ideas and opinions in a meaningful way. Sadly from what I've seen from the North American fans- a lot is left to be desired. Most that I've spoken to have been unpleasant with no motivation beyond hoarding as much as they can for themselves, and incapable of opening up to the possibilities of this great old property.

I've been trapped in a toxic circle of selfish, immature, inconsiderate people who represent the worst in collector communities and are so flaky and stereotypical that I stopped trying to engage them in their passion over Silverhawks, M.A.S.K, Bravestarr, and other awesome 80s properties. Its been mind numbing.

Personally, I would buy the whole cast of 80s characters in statue format (its the reason I came here), but I'd like for them to be smaller format statues to conserve space- however realistically (as others have stated) these properties are too small and niche for any company to invest serious time and money into it.

Any chance these characters would have of seeing reality as statues is low, and would have to be done by a very small production studio in limited runs, or someone willing to offer unlicensed products. Haven't the sales and reception of larger more successful brands like Thundercats and TMNT statues been lukewarm? Sadly, I doubt any major company would pick up a license.
Very good points here! I think chances are better in the smaller PVC lines that are being mass produced.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote