Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 03-12-2015, 04:52 PM   #1
tonytiger
The X-Men

Question Thanos Space Throne

Just got one from Rocky's Vault and it still has some flaws,Now I do know the history with this statue.They said that all of them have been repair and are actually in better condition.If I'm not happy with it just send it back for a full refund,No discount,no replacement..to bad to sad or just keep it. Also said I was the first to complain about the repair statues..(hard to believed) She also said that they did indeed destroy a bunch of them,So they are worth more now.. The Thanos statue itself really only has one flaw on it as you can see in the pic and again, only up close can you see it. The throne has about about 3 and again only if you look for them.. What would you do?

tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 05:17 PM   #2
qz33
Doctor Doom

I got this from the Vault.

I did not see any glaring problems on mine but perhaps a couple of places where the paint was corrected.

From these pics I don't see anything that bad the worse being the shoulder plate. Can't really tell which side the hand control is.

The bottom throne is noticeable but how many times will you see the bottom?

All that said this is major expensive so if you are not happy I would send it back. The Vault is not much for customer service when they do not agree with you; refunds are their go to remedy for problems. I suspect from your collection posts though you are a pretty good customer of theirs.

You can just wait a bit and order it again later.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 05:47 PM   #3
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I got this from the Vault.

I did not see any glaring problems on mine but perhaps a couple of places where the paint was corrected.

From these pics I don't see anything that bad the worse being the shoulder plate. Can't really tell which side the hand control is.

The bottom throne is noticeable but how many times will you see the bottom?

All that said this is major expensive so if you are not happy I would send it back. The Vault is not much for customer service when they do not agree with you; refunds are their go to remedy for problems. I suspect from your collection posts though you are a pretty good customer of theirs.

You can just wait a bit and order it again later.
Hey, thanks for getting back and the hand control is left side where his hand sits on so it does not show.As for the plate this bothers me the most,the throne I can live with.I guess what kind of made me mad was she said they wouldn't even think about sending me a different one as I would not be happy either way.Like she would know that?
Old 03-12-2015, 06:21 PM   #4
gomur
The Tick

I hate to say it, but yours is one of the better-looking Thanos on Throne statues. This release was notorious for poor paint jobs. And I really wish Thanos had a peg to attach more safely to the chair. A shame because this statue has great presence in a display!

As qz33 says if you're not in love with the statue, then you're better off returning it. It will just nag you every time you see it. I wouldn't mind the scuffed base - you can't see it. The shoulder doesn't look that bad. Really, it's just the left arm rest that might bother me - and even then it seems passable to me.

But your opinion is the one that matters most, TonyTiger.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:22 PM   #5
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Yeah you got a decent one, all the thrones were painted like that, i think the throne looks better in hand.

I had mine on release direct from Bowen and i got a pretty nice one but he has some paint on his crotch and at the time, i was really lucky compared to other people, it might as well have been mint compared to others lol. I was happy to get a decent one and i can say i never even notice the tiny bit of paint.

Gotta say i've never even thought about another Thanos statue after got this, i love it.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 02:17 PM   #6
Bob Morton
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I got this from the Vault as well. No flaws at all. I love this statue. It is the statue that sold me on Bowen designs.
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 12:24 PM   #7
tonytiger
The X-Men

Question

Really the biggest problem that bothers me the most is his left foot does not even rest even on the base ( about 1/8 off the base) as if one of the controller is not level right.Maybe it's suppose be that way? Anybody else have it that way?
Old 03-14-2015, 12:45 PM   #8
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Yeah mines the same, not noticeable really though, it's never bothered me.

When it came out Bowen advised everyone to use modeling putty to secure Thanos to the Throne but i'e never bothered and had no problems.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 06:04 PM   #9
tonytiger
The X-Men

OK, now I know they all do that...Really this is a awesome statue and when you see it display in person their is something special about it.I'm happy with all the feedback here,but i have this nagging feeling that there is a better one out there.Then again, I already have it and the hassle to send it back and all.You see the problem I'm having here..LOL Sometimes I think this hobby is Driving me
Old 03-14-2015, 09:37 PM   #10
Bob Morton
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

The foot off the ground is because you have the statue too far back in the throne. I personally put him very far back in the throne so both feet are off the ground because I feel more safe that it will not fall off. However, if I put him forward on the throne he has both feet on the ground.
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote