Hydra

pics look great, thanks for sharing!
pokritz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 09:48 PM   #832
arakha
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaplex View Post
For such a beautiful unit, that neck seam is a shockingly amateurish oversight. An inexplicably poor choice that is completely incongruous with the stunning execution of everything else.

This plagues even the people who didn't get the exclusive version (which is most people). This is one of those cases where the decision to give a hundred people a swap out piece is paid for by absolutely everybody, and that's the most damning thing of all. At least the people with half a dozen swap out parts have some options. But everybody else, who paid the same amount of money, well...

I'm severely torn on the jekyll-and-hyde execution of this statue lol

Since I'm only able to get the regular, I'm not sure whether to bother. But her face is beautiful.
arakha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 01:33 PM   #833
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Just got my Wonder Women exclusive un-boxed. Lets get the elephant in the room addressed. I have the neck seam of course. My seam for both bodies is about the same. If you have a 360 display yes you will see it no getting around it. If like me you have a more static display you really should be angling it in the direction to show of that tremendous face sculpt and paint application. If you make a slight adjustment to show the portrait off(as i believe intended) the seam is invisible. In an age where the paint rarely matches the proto this piece is spot on. I'm sure the more eagle eyed among us could spot some differences but man its good. Also the sword, shield, extra bodice and the extra bracelets with the bullet effect make this a awesome value (EX). I'm torn. This is a A- or B+ IMHO. And that's only due to the seam on the neck. Here's the thing, to get that Bodice switch-out they needed to do this or add the extra upper body in full with head attached. This of course would have driven up the price maybe significantly. I think Tweeterhead is trying to keep the costs down as much as possible so this was the compromise. I lean toward A-. If i could wave a magic wand and have no seam I would but on the other hand if you're Wonder Women fan i would think you are doing yourself a disservice by missing this one.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 02:28 PM   #834
pokritz17
Hydra

mine just shipped, can't wait

Edit: I'll be displaying mine right at waist level so I will more than likely never see any seam outside of unpacking/cleaning
pokritz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 02:28 PM   #835
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
Just got my Wonder Women exclusive un-boxed. Lets get the elephant in the room addressed. I have the neck seam of course. My seam for both bodies is about the same. If you have a 360 display yes you will see it no getting around it. If like me you have a more static display you really should be angling it in the direction to show of that tremendous face sculpt and paint application. If you make a slight adjustment to show the portrait off(as i believe intended) the seam is invisible. In an age where the paint rarely matches the proto this piece is spot on. I'm sure the more eagle eyed among us could spot some differences but man its good. Also the sword, shield, extra bodice and the extra bracelets with the bullet effect make this a awesome value (EX). I'm torn. This is a A- or B+ IMHO. And that's only due to the seam on the neck. Here's the thing, to get that Bodice switch-out they needed to do this or add the extra upper body in full with head attached. This of course would have driven up the price maybe significantly. I think Tweeterhead is trying to keep the costs down as much as possible so this was the compromise. I lean toward A-. If i could wave a magic wand and have no seam I would but on the other hand if you're Wonder Women fan i would think you are doing yourself a disservice by missing this one.
Commanderzero that is the one big IF ONLY. In the grand scheme at the angle most will display her, the seam will not show. Several friends have seen her and most don't even notice or comment about the seam. I love this statue
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 02:39 PM   #836
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
I love this statue
Yo, Cyclops:

Spoiler

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 02:43 PM   #837
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Yo, Cyclops:

It's all good. keeping it in the family yo
Old 01-29-2019, 02:47 PM   #838
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Let me say this. I can totally see how the seam can be an issue. I'm totally admitting its a valid concern. My portrait fits on both mid-sections pretty good. Some seams are worse that others. That being said I think this brings up a good conversation about switch-outs. Maybe Chad should have just went with one Bodice or the other and kept the rest of the EX items. This would have been early statue of the year in its scale candidate IMHO. This would also be less options for collectors but it would have subjectively improved aesthetics.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 03:03 PM   #839
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
Let me say this. I can totally see how the seam can be an issue. I'm totally admitting its a valid concern. My portrait fits on both mid-sections pretty good. Some seams are worse that others. That being said I think this brings up a good conversation about switch-outs. Maybe Chad should have just went with one Bodice or the other and kept the rest of the EX items. This would have been early statue of the year in its scale candidate IMHO. This would also be less options for collectors but it would have subjectively improved aesthetics.
it was a learning experience and moving forward you will never see that again.
Old 01-29-2019, 08:50 PM   #840
chrismhk
Luke Cage

I just got her today and god, she is gorgeous!! I am really happy with my piece! The seam doesn’t really bother me because I don’t see it unless I crouch down under the right side to see it.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote