Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 09-09-2011, 10:09 PM   #51
riky
Mephisto

It really is like a non-release release.
They waited 22 years and then made 1500 pairs so they are still something you will just see pics of. Bummer
riky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:54 PM   #52
Fuzzylojiks
Kindly Asked To Leave

Don't think I would ever buy a 1k pair of shoes unless I don't ever plan to wear them which seems silly to me : P
Fuzzylojiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 03:45 AM   #53
MortalMonday
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefly76 View Post
Sz 10 11,100.00.........man they made these way better than the first pairs they sold........sweet light up features

tinker hatfield the man behind all the classic Air Jordan.......he needs to come back.... the jordan that are being sold now-a -day are whack
Tinker's still making sneakers, including Jordans; but nothing he's made in recent memory has been remarkable really. He peaked ages ago.
MortalMonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:56 AM   #54
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Nike Mag Auction Day 1 Total Amount - $911,927.34
Nike Mag Auction Day 2 Total Amount - $647,890.90

Day 2 Highest - $10,200 for Size 11
Day 2 Lowest - $3,550 for Size 7

* Not sure if eBay and Paypal fees are applied, if yes then will likely result in further deductions for total amount.
Spideristic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:36 AM   #55
ROMS
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideristic View Post
Are there any plans to ever release them as a regular release later on in the future?

No. To preserve the value of what people will spend for these shoes and the money that will — and hopefully, again, that’ll be as much as we can get for each shoe, so the amount of money to charity is the most we can come up with — In order to preserve that, we’re not going to re-release this shoe and we’re not going to commercialize it any further. What you will see, though, probably sometime in the future is that there will be some– this shoe has already helped inspire some unique design features on some new shoes and we are committed to designing shoes in the future that do come alive and do sense your body and do certain things, so this is a precursor to the future of probably all athletic shoes we design.
Actually YES...

Because according to the NIKE MAG designer, Tinker Hatfield said and I quote: "these are the first generation of the MAG shoes, and by 2015, the REAL Nike MAG will be released with SELF LACING ABILITY just like in the movie!"

Also at EBAY at the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS section:
Q: DO THE 2011 NIKE MAG SHOES POWER-LACE?
No. For the power-lace feature you will have to wait until 2015.

My take here is that by 2015, they will release a 2nd Generation NIKE MAG SHOES with Power-Lace Feature. It may not be a "regular release" BUT it will be released nonetheless.

Moreover if you watch the BTTF-2 Movie (including the "BTTF Nike Lost Episode"), the year 2015 is really just the "correct time & year" to release this said NIKE MAG POWER-LACE SHOES... and I am 101% certain that NIKE will capitalize on this fact & they will make sure this "MOVIE FACT" will come true by the year 2015!
ROMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:00 AM   #56
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMS View Post
Actually YES...

Because according to the NIKE MAG designer, Tinker Hatfield said and I quote: "these are the first generation of the MAG shoes, and by 2015, the REAL Nike MAG will be released with SELF LACING ABILITY just like in the movie!"

Also at EBAY at the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS section:
Q: DO THE 2011 NIKE MAG SHOES POWER-LACE?
No. For the power-lace feature you will have to wait until 2015.

My take here is that by 2015, they will release a 2nd Generation NIKE MAG SHOES with Power-Lace Feature. It may not be a "regular release" BUT it will be released nonetheless.

Moreover if you watch the BTTF-2 Movie (including the "BTTF Nike Lost Episode"), the year 2015 is really just the "correct time & year" to release this said NIKE MAG POWER-LACE SHOES... and I am 101% certain that NIKE will capitalize on this fact & they will make sure this "MOVIE FACT" will come true by the year 2015!
I may have to hire you as my attorney some day
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:20 AM   #57
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Yeah for 2015 I am hoping the power laces version will materialize.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/167...r-mcflys.jhtml
From the Bob Gale interview

MTV: Why now? Why not five years ago or 2015?

Gale: Nike wanted to do this in tiers. This is the beginning.

If they don't want the current buyers to feel cheated, Nike can release an altered version. Perhaps with power laces or regular version along with the black tube bag like in the movie.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:49 AM   #58
ROMS
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I think for those people or BTTF Collectors such as myself, who want to own the BTTF 1st released, 1st Gen NIKE MAG, then you should at least try to bid & buy at EBAY. Since like what NIKE said, they will never have a regular release for these shoes & they are just limited to 1,500pcs.... and at the very least you would also be helping a very worthy cause.

However for those who would want the BTTF 2nd Gen NIKE MAG w/ POWER-LACE Feature, then I suggest we all wait for the year 2015... which I think is just a "walk in the park" since one the strongest virtues we have have as collectors is PATIENCE!

ROMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:09 AM   #59
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts