Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 05-09-2019, 04:06 PM   #11
BrandedSaiyan27
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
if its dioramas probably safe to assume 1/6 or smaller. hopefully they can produce 1/4 scale individual characters as well
You never know, Figurama seems to be going all out on 1/4 dioramas. I've been reading conflicting info on this piece ever since the teaser. Just looking to see if IS themselves have confirmed anything.
BrandedSaiyan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 05:32 AM   #12
davide87ita
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

davide87ita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 07:59 AM   #13
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandedSaiyan27 View Post
You never know, Figurama seems to be going all out on 1/4 dioramas. I've been reading conflicting info on this piece ever since the teaser. Just looking to see if IS themselves have confirmed anything.
It’s 1/6 Scale
Old 05-29-2019, 08:55 AM   #14
BrandedSaiyan27
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec Fiction View Post
It’s 1/6 Scale
I see, well after this most recent teaser and knowing it's 1/6 that makes this all the more easy for me to pass on. Thanks for the info.
BrandedSaiyan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 07:24 AM   #15
Shoo
Hercules

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 08:16 AM   #16
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I'm not as blown away as i thought i'd be, whether it's because i'm invested in Prime 1 now....or i just think it's lacking, especially the base, i know a lot of people are complaining about the P1 Goku being too colourful but that's DBZ to me, the base on this is just a big lump of greys and browns, the whole thing looks muted.

Of course that could be down to the pictures but, not impressed as i was initially.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 08:35 AM   #17
RyluzZ
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I'm not as blown away as i thought i'd be, whether it's because i'm invested in Prime 1 now....or i just think it's lacking, especially the base, i know a lot of people are complaining about the P1 Goku being too colourful but that's DBZ to me, the base on this is just a big lump of greys and browns, the whole thing looks muted.

Of course that could be down to the pictures but, not impressed as i was initially.
Same thoughts :'(
RyluzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 04:44 PM   #18
Luminous
Cyclops

I have to agree. I think it's a great concept and the two characters look great (not 100% sure about Goku's face) but overall it's not as impressive as I was hoping for. I guess I am surprised by how prevalent the smoke/dust is. And since it isn't done especially well, it's too distracting.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 07:33 PM   #19
stryker12
Fantastic Four

I actually like this more than Prime 1's. The detail is awesome, the headsculpts are really well done, they have so much personality, and I really like the smoke blasting effect, it makes it seem extremely dynamic, whereas Prime 1's are too flat for my liking, I think it almost makes it seem like they put Goku on top of some plastic and said "done".

On the other hand, I prefer to collect bigger scale statues, so idk which would have more presence in person.

I wish I could wait and see what each company had planned for the future with their DBZ license, but I'm betting both of these will sell out very quickly. It's not an easy choice...
stryker12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 08:51 PM   #20
Luminous
Cyclops

I agree it isn't an easy choice but that's mainly due to both missing the mark in one area or another.

Another thing about this one is that it will be difficult to display it so you can see both faces. You have to choose one or the other.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote