Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-27-2018, 09:24 PM   #111
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post

I say GODDAMN! That is a very nice piece and I think this will do ok. But prices, space, and an uncertain market means I am happy to watch.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 10:04 PM   #112
Comicbookguy
Hercules

The more I see this the more I like it! Face is perfection! Excellent sculpt! Now a long hair ex will be the icing! Knowing ss now they will just change the hair to save on labor and cost instead of doing a different portrait. Sad really with the higher prices. But not too hopeful ss will give us a new sculpted portrait if any at all.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 02:38 AM   #113
built2shred
Phoenix

She has a cuter face in the artwork plus she looks like someone in her early 20's.... The statue face looks like she's in her late 30's or early 40's, I'm not overly enthusiastic about the portrait or the hair.. Hopefully will get a 2nd portrait as the EX....

I'm not sure what's going on with SS but it does seem like they're going for an older look with some of their female statues... If I'm paying $550-$600 for a statue I want them to look young like in their mid 20's not in their 40's.....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 02:43 AM   #114
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
This Domino is great looking! The price is just insane. This should be half the price for such a small character here. It's a great looking statue! But with the way prices are going you might as well buy prime 1 in 1:3 instead. Better deal going forward and p1 is only getting started on the main comic style characters. Go for the ultimate versions of your favorite characters. I can see some people changing over to 1:3 once p1 dishes out the heavy hitters of the comic version like Wonder Woman, Big Barda, Darksied, Bane, Zantanna,Canary, Batgirl, and even the marvel license with x-23, cable, phoenix, rogue, psylocke etc... It's only a matter of time when the price of a supposed large character will be the same price as a p1, 1:3 scale statue. Heck some of those 1:3 gaming batman statues are already less than a female ss pf. There will be no excuses when people say nah, I don't like this version of a p1 supergirl, superman, etc. Because we all know they will make many art style versions and one will be bound to make you must own it. The time will come when trying to get a massive collection with one of each character is going to be nearly impossible at the rate statues are coming out. At least for the average collector. The space is just never enough. Build a small guest house? It will filled in no time. lol The time will come when people must buy much, much less just to survive in this hobby. The saturation is getting to a massive bubble building bigger and bigger, not to mention the massive brown boxes.
Thundercats-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 03:25 AM   #115
AC_808
Hercules

Now that sounds more like CBG. LOL!

The price was not even announced yet ...and already ranting about the price being insane. And how P1 1/3 scale is a better deal going forward. Last I checked P1 1/3 scale are hundreds more expensive than SSC PFs.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 12:17 PM   #116
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I’m not sure why they go for a poorly lit photo as the first product image tease. I know, I know, it’s stylistic, but first impressions matter. I do like the satin outfit in the artwork more than what looks like a glossy outfit on the statue.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 12:49 PM   #117
nearmint
Phoenix

Eric Hendershot on FB lightened up the image and revealed a lot of purple in the costume...

nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 12:58 PM   #118
ukshaun
Hercules

My guess is, the purple comes from the lighting. Similar to what Sideshow did with Catwoman.

ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 01:05 PM   #119
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
My guess is, the purple comes from the lighting. Similar to what Sideshow did with Catwoman.
It doesn’t look that was to me. The purple areas are too defined, and in several different places.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 02:01 PM   #120
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

The purple/blue areas look just like that elasticated fabric you see on suits like these. Usually around the joints. I don't believe it's the lighting.
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote