Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > CS Moore Studio

Old 10-05-2008, 03:16 AM   #21
MinisterOfFire
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

BRING ON A KABUKI FAUX BRONZE...LETS DO THIS!
MinisterOfFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 03:25 AM   #22
toe
Alpha Flight

Faux Bronze Pitt Statue !!!
toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 03:47 AM   #23
davecfprez
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d rod View Post
Paint style will be Anodized instead of Monochromatic (color vs flat)
sounds interesting! I only know of metal anodizing, as I work in the aerospace industry.

Quote:
MSRP will not be like the retail MSRP unless the edition size is similar to the regular run. Even if you're not obtaining a completely new re-sculpt, you still put about the same amount of work into an edition size of 50 compared to an edition size of 5000. The edition size will be the lowest that we have ever done so you can have a pretty good idea from that.
I understand that plan is to have something unique (and I applaud the efforts) and also that whomever is fronting the $$ for the new variant is looking to make their $$ back and then some, but don't fall (too deep) into the toy/comic book mind set of less = more, and set a high price point "just because" of the low edition number. The Soulfire Grace Platinum statue edition of 200 (the CSMoore edition would be smaller, I understand that) didn't sell out as near as fast as Frank and crew wanted them to. There was also a ruckus about how the first handful of customers who ordered online were shipped edition numbers in the 70s and 80s when it was made very clear that the first to order would get the lowest numbers. (for those that enjoy that ) Later those "lower numbers" that were reserved for employees, friends, co-workers were released for sale months, and months after the initial sales were accepted.

Quote:
Many exclusives have an edition size of 500, 1000 or even more. But, just how exclusive is that? CS Moore product sells fast and has one of the best secondary market value out there. So, by having a very low run, it makes it even better.
Agreed. Something to consider is this:
number of actual enthusiasts/collectors VS flippers.

In an enviroment such as this forum its easier to control such things, and it is cool to have #__ out of 100, (just an example) but I wouldn't want the people who most will enjoy the product to miss out over the ones buying to flip it for a quick buck. (again - I understand its hard to control, but this is a discussion board. Just discussing is all )

Quote:
Making exclusives / variants is not easier now than before. The costs are a lot higher, manufacturers want higher edition numbers or they penalize you as well. You see more of them because there are more licenses out there and a greater demand for specific pieces. That is why there are 2000 versions of Spider-Man statues while not as many of Bucky. That is also why there are 8 different types of Clone Wars Busts just like many other statues and busts out there (numbers are examples, not specifics). If you think someone is over producing a piece, just check to see its secondary market value.
With today's ability to research and communicate over the internet, and with that speed that can happen, I think its easier. I've done a handful of exclusives (products and made from scratch signed C.O.A.s) for my online community thats almost a dozen years old now. I guess we'll just agree to disagree.

Quote:
At least with CS Moore, we can put just about anything out there as a variant and it will stand better with time than just about any other variant from a different manufacturer.
You won't find any arguement in *this* section of the forum !!

Quote:
Bottom line is that you obtain a variant because you missed out on the first time around, you like the piece and would enjoy a different variation of it or just because you want to invest in it.
Yup, or you are a devotee of the character, or artist and are going to collect anything relating to that character or artist.

Quote:
I like faux statues because you can actually display them in your living room and anyone that sees it, they think of it more of an art piece than a "toy". The work is appreciated more.
Agreed. But then when you explain the background and you get the eyeroll ... LOL

"Yea well, the setting for the original Lady Death comic was medieval Sweden. The woman who would become Lady Death was born as a mortal named Hope. Her father was a local nobleman named Matthias who was forcibly conscripting peasants into military service as feudal levies." lol

thanks for the answers and reply !!

dave
CFPrez

Last edited by davecfprez; 10-06-2008 at 11:12 PM. Reason: change grace platinum edition size
davecfprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 06:01 AM   #24
jimmmy
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Great news...now bring on the pics!
jimmmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 07:18 AM   #25
Avenger
Galactus

Can't wait
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 01:53 PM   #26
fantasticrour
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I just read this on another thread.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=50654

Statue forum apparently did an exclusive for a Kiano Statue a while back. Limited to 10 pieces. And from what I read, not everyone got theirs yet. Only one of the ten statues were shipped.

That said, how can Statue Forum do another exclusive when that one isn't even taken care of yet.

I'm sure we'll have to pre-pay up front first. But will that mean all of us are going to have to wait months to get it after paying?

They should take care of that Kiana Faux Bronze first before they move on to another venture with more statues. A case of biting off more than they can chew.
fantasticrour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 01:59 PM   #27
davecfprez
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasticrour View Post
I just read this on another thread.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=50654

Statue forum apparently did an exclusive for a Kiano Statue a while back. Limited to 10 pieces. And from what I read, not everyone got theirs yet. Only one of the ten statues were shipped.

That said, how can Statue Forum do another exclusive when that one isn't even taken care of yet.

I'm sure we'll have to pre-pay up front first. But will that mean all of us are going to have to wait months to get it after paying?

They should take care of that Kiana Faux Bronze first before they move on to another venture with more statues. A case of biting off more than they can chew.
nice statue and the effect came out looking good, but thats the type of price point that will drive the statue out of most of the collectors range.

And it doesn't help that its dragged on for so long

dave
CFPrez
davecfprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 02:17 PM   #28
F0RSAK3N
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I'll be watching carefully, there are quite a few Moore pieces I'd love to have in "bronze" without having to sell my car.
F0RSAK3N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 08:43 PM   #29
Gir
Death is hereditary.

I'd like a faux bronze Barbarian.
Gir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:36 PM   #30
DeKind
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davecfprez View Post
The Soulfire Grace Platinum statue edition of 300
just a correction, Platinum grace was a limit of 200. I was also under the assumption that it sold well causing them to further sell inhouse reserves for a hefty price but i could be mistaken. It sounds like you're confusing Grace with Kiani though.
DeKind is offline   Reply With Quote