Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 07-09-2005, 10:48 PM   #111
Gianco
X-Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Allison
I just started working on my new Boba Fett. I finally worked up the courage to work on Star Wars Characters.
Pics, pics, pics! and "May the Force be with you always!"
Gianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 10:51 PM   #112
Gianco
X-Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap70
I dunno about that. Maybe around too much heat. I heard some people complaining, tough, but I really dunno. That will be probably my only Koto(maybe Vader 2 also). I don't like soft vinyl statues. If it starts to get deformed then I will trash it and never look at those ever again.

I just placed mine on the shelf.

Dude, your Canon camera just rocks! Keep it working! By the way, the more I see that Attakus Jawa the more I want it! Looks awesome!
Gianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 03:31 AM   #113
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Great pic cap.

Nice cabinets too. I just picked up three of those today myself at IKEA and absolutely love them. Can't beat the price either.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 02:14 AM   #114
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianco Fett
Dude, your Canon camera just rocks! Keep it working! By the way, the more I see that Attakus Jawa the more I want it! Looks awesome!
Thanks meu amigo.
The Jawa it's awesome, you need to get!
Will take more pictures as soon as I finish building the stands. Still working on the display area. So many things to display, so little space. I think it's time to move!
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 02:19 AM   #115
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy
Great pic cap.

Nice cabinets too. I just picked up three of those today myself at IKEA and absolutely love them. Can't beat the price either.
Thanks hellboy. Yes, those are very nice and you can't beat the price. They have a nice, sleek look and looks awesome when placed side by side (even tough I have to pay for shipping, which is the same price of the stand, they still worth). Will defenetly buy more.
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 07:37 PM   #116
J Storm
Birdman

I just got all 3 Ninja Gaiden statues and theyre great but I kept them in their boxes. My first Kotobukiya was of Mizuho Kazami from the anime Please Teacher and she was sitting in the chair. Now, about a month or 2 after she was out if the box, the wheels on her chair began to curl and kept falling of the base. Not only that but the base itself was curling and it wasn't leveled. I have no idea how this could have happened but until I know or until I move my statues in a more temperature controled environment, I'll keep mine in the box.
J Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 09:43 PM   #117
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap70
Thanks hellboy. Yes, those are very nice and you can't beat the price. They have a nice, sleek look and looks awesome when placed side by side (even tough I have to pay for shipping, which is the same price of the stand, they still worth). Will defenetly buy more.
Kind of funny that you mention the shipping cost on those cabinets. They're damn heavy and as my friend and I hauled them up a flight of stairs we joked that the shipping cost would probably exceed the retail value. I guess we weren't to far off. If it makes you feel any better the closest IKEA to me is in Seattle which is about a 7 hour round trip from Portland. So my Saturday was pretty much devoted to that task but like you said they're well worth it.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote