Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 03-13-2009, 03:51 PM   #11
ratchet
Mandarin

Every store has them in now - but still no green Hulk - why is this guy eluding me so bad?
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:02 PM   #12
tedmic
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I can't get into these 3 3/4" figures either at $8 EACH! When the Marvel Showdown figures came out a few years ago they were about $6-$7 each back then when 6" Marvel Legends were $8-$9 each. I finally did pick up all the Showdown figures at clearance for $2-$3 each! Hasbro has deliberately kept 6" Marvel Legends off retail pegs just so the "gotta have something" collectors will buy these midget figures and the MU line catches on.

P.S. I was kicked off the Fwoosh boards for voicing my disdain for these figures and Hasbro's marketing practices! So much for freedom of speech!
tedmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:12 AM   #13
Doctor Pym
The X-Men

A couple of years ago, I was buying Marvel Legends Showdown figures that would work in an (original) Secret Wars display, squaring off against the Marvel Legends Galactus BAF.

So I've got Cap, Thor, (a slightly inaccurately armored) Iron Man, Spider-Man, the Hulk, the Thing, Reed, the Torch, Wolverine (wrong costume, though) and Colossus, plus Magneto (who was hanging out with the SW heroes)... and would grit my teeth and pay Universe prices to get Nightcrawler, a classic Cyclops, She-Hulk, Hawkeye and a few others, in the same scale, if Hasbro produces them.

But those prices are definitely sobering; same comment for DC's "Infinite Heroes."
Doctor Pym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:18 AM   #14
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I haven't seen these around here yet. But then again, I haven't been to Target to look for them. The closest Wal-Mart to me is so woefully behind on getting Marvel-related toys.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:50 AM   #15
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
The closest Wal-Mart to me is so woefully behind on getting Marvel-related toys.
same with mine, was just there late last night looking for these and they don't even have a spot for them. crappy wal-mart.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:27 PM   #16
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

target is loaded with them. i got my kid ronin and wolverine. the wolverine origins and wolverine and the x-men ar ethe same size. i odnt get it. if they are not making vehicles like star wars and gi joe then why this size. they should make the fantasticar, x-men blackbird, spidey buggy, quinjets, moon knights ship.
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:28 PM   #17
Hulk5150
Death is hereditary.

Yeah, the price is ridiculous and they don't even look that good.

But, of course, I'm going to have to get the Green Hulk because I'm weak like joe & Ratch.

~If I could ever find him~

PLEASE tell me this isn't a sign of Hasbro wanting to scale down all their action figures to this scale--eliminating the 6"-7" figures.
Hulk5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:36 PM   #18
fireburns
The X-Men

I haven't been able to find bullseye or the flamed out Human Torch
fireburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 02:24 PM   #19
Brian R.
The Riddler

I actually think they look pretty good. Amazing how Hasbro can give us paint washes on these but somehow couldn't do it with the ML line. In Canada, I haven't seen a 6" ML figure at retail since the first wave with Banshee and Emma Frost, but the MU line is everywhere. Obviously this scale is Hasbro's stong suit and they're forcing these down our throats and killing the ML's. Too bad. I'll pick up a few of the smaller figs. of characters I don't have, but there's no way I'm going to recollect everone I already have fronm the 6" line, especially at the price they're charging. I know the cost of plastic has gone up, but it wasn't that long ago when, for about the same price, you got a 6" figure, comic book, and BAF piece.
Brian R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 03:19 PM   #20
rychehitman
Galactus

Well...I have been avoiding these, and the Wolverine:Origins line of figures...but there ARE some strengths to the line, and they are growing on me.

(A) Character selection. Seems like Hasbro has done some homework regarding which B and C list characters actually have a following (unless I am giving them way too much credit...) Kudos for including BULLSEYE and RONIN in wave I. Althought shame on you for not including Thor, Black Bolt, and Dr. Strange in waves I or II.

(B) size. It is actually nice to have super hero figures that can interact properly with Star Wars figures in my soms imagination. I cannot wait to see the Avengers fly into action in the Millenium Falcon!

(C) Availability. Seems like there are no super rare, short packed figures. This makes collecting the whole line very user friendly.

(D) price. I was against it at first..but $8 does seem to be the new price point in the realm of action figures. With Marvel Select figures going for $20 upon release....$8 at Wal Mart seems like a deal to me.

(E) Scale when compared to ML BAF's...This is what is pulling me towards the line. They display nicely!

rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote