Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-04-2009, 06:52 PM   #21
MrYac
Hercules

i didn't mind the pacing, i liked how they didn't try to go too over the top with the horror or the comedy. and i enjoyed the pacing of this one a lot more then Shaun had, my problem with that movie was it was all over the place trying to be funny/scary/sad and throwing it all at you in varying intervials throughout.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:06 PM   #22
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

This movie looks like they wasted money on making it. I'll wait till it's on TV.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:11 PM   #23
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
This movie looks like they wasted money on making it. I'll wait till it's on TV.
It had a budget of 23.6 million and made 25 million its opening weekend. If that's considered wasting money, I want to waste some money!
Old 10-04-2009, 11:44 PM   #24
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
It had a budget of 23.6 million and made 25 million its opening weekend. If that's considered wasting money, I want to waste some money!
They could of at least made it scary. Just because it was #1 doesn't mean it was good, people pay for crap all the time.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:48 AM   #25
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
They could of at least made it scary. Just because it was #1 doesn't mean it was good, people pay for crap all the time.
Its a horror comedy and I think they pull it off really well. I'll be curious to see what you think of it when you do get around to seeing it.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:06 AM   #26
Simon Williams
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Its a horror comedy and I think they pull it off really well. I'll be curious to see what you think of it when you do get around to seeing it.
4.5/10. a 5 tops.Not enough Zombie action in the movie too much side story and not enough zombie killing.
Simon Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:51 AM   #27
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
That is true Monster, there have been several movies that have changed my mind once seeing them. The previews for this though looked really cheesy.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:23 AM   #28
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Caught this last night - I enjoyed it, fun, some nice gore and effects, and the cameo that NO ONE should spoil really is as fantastic as they say.

However, its nowhere near on par with Shaun of the Dead, and reviewers shouldnt compare the two as Shaun is just on another level.

But yeh, Woody Harrelson and the cameo are the reasons to watch this, fantastic :-)
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:35 PM   #29
spenca7
Loki

Just saw this and I loved it. I like the characterization in it and I thought they balanced the horror and comedy well. I jumped once or twice I believe. It was very well done and definately recommend it.
spenca7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:09 PM   #30
whd
Suicide Squad

It's a nice light-hearted zombie comedy. I thoroughly enjoyed it. There were a lot of great scenes and the cameo was a complete surprise to me, since I had read nothing about this movie before seeing it. Two thumbs up!
whd is offline   Reply With Quote