Statue Forum 





Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2023, 07:29 PM   #811
hockeyflow33
Fantastic Four
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Tiki View Post
exactly. Statue was boxed in regular decorated box as shown, just no packing in larger brown cardboard box.
The Amazon way...
hockeyflow33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 07:31 PM   #812
hockeyflow33
Fantastic Four
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Tiki View Post
#57 of 640 edition size. .
What happened to the 5,000 edition sizes? The nearly 90% drop is nuts
hockeyflow33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 07:33 PM   #813
qz33
Vision
 
qz33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 15,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyflow33 View Post
The Amazon way...
Its luck of the draw. I've had DVD's in soft mailers, boxes so big they flopped around, and then others so reinforced and specifically tailored to hold the DVD that it was overkill.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 11:05 PM   #814
MKS
Nightwing
 
MKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Was NYC, now Long Island!
Posts: 1,553
I think the black & white Batman series is one of the coolest and well executed concepts for a line of statues. These display so well together with the different artist takes on the same character.
MKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 01:13 AM   #815
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator
 
wktf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Denver Area, between Asgard and Krypton
Posts: 21,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Tiki View Post
Yep, I was right. This arrived from Amazon this morning. Just the statue flopping around in a bigger box. Luckily no damage. #57 of 640 edition size. I'm liking these smaller edition sizes. Still no sculptor credit.
Mine arrived today from Big Bad Toy Store and their packing was terrific and tight. An outer box with enough room for bubble wrap packing between it and the statue box. Very happy with the packing, statue looks terrific.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 07:02 PM   #816
Electric Tiki
Producer
Producer
 
Electric Tiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Mine arrived today from Big Bad Toy Store and their packing was terrific and tight. An outer box with enough room for bubble wrap packing between it and the statue box. Very happy with the packing, statue looks terrific.
Braggart! LOL! Actually I've ordered a few things from BBTS and sometimes it looks as if they custom cut their shipping boxes to fit the items. I could be wrong.
Electric Tiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 03:02 AM   #817
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator
 
wktf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Denver Area, between Asgard and Krypton
Posts: 21,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Tiki View Post
Braggart! LOL! Actually I've ordered a few things from BBTS and sometimes it looks as if they custom cut their shipping boxes to fit the items. I could be wrong.
Hey Tracy, I think you?re correct about that. Pretty sure this box was custom cut for this item. Even more reason to order from them, if you ask me.

Hey, btw, I?ve got a bunch of you Classic Hero statues on the fireplace mantle of my basement. They?re such great pieces! Thank you for creating them!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 03:42 PM   #818
Electric Tiki
Producer
Producer
 
Electric Tiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Hey Tracy, I think you?re correct about that. Pretty sure this box was custom cut for this item. Even more reason to order from them, if you ask me.

Hey, btw, I?ve got a bunch of you Classic Hero statues on the fireplace mantle of my basement. They?re such great pieces! Thank you for creating them!
Aw, thank you for buying them. I wish we could do more statues, but production prices are so prohibitive these days. We are developing a(hopefully) new Mandy statue as a companion for our Trizia. But that is for a future time and another section in Statue Forum! Best wishes!
Electric Tiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 06:28 PM   #819
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator
 
wktf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Denver Area, between Asgard and Krypton
Posts: 21,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Tiki View Post
Aw, thank you for buying them. I wish we could do more statues, but production prices are so prohibitive these days. We are developing a(hopefully) new Mandy statue as a companion for our Trizia. But that is for a future time and another section in Statue Forum! Best wishes!
Would that be the Sideshow section?

Best wishes to you, as well!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 03:25 PM   #820
Electric Tiki
Producer
Producer
 
Electric Tiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Would that be the Sideshow section?

Best wishes to you, as well!

No, in the "others" section. Sideshow hasn't distributed out last few statues. Nothing since around 2010 or so TBH. I can't give their (or Diamonds) wholesale discount anymore with the small amount of product we produce. Thats why we sell small edition sizes direct from our site.
Electric Tiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:14 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com