Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-21-2019, 05:16 AM   #141
KgBeast11
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf65 View Post
Ahh yes...the age old battle between prototype and production, will it ever end
And like you I think instead of pre-order it may be a case of wait on in hand proof.
SS inspiring trust on their products

Always thought Prime 1 is for premium , near-proto fidelity and SS is more like a budget mass-production brand .
KgBeast11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 05:36 AM   #142
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

It is a shame as we know they have the ability to turn out quality pieces, they've proved this.
we'll just have to see how this turns out, as Asgard said no more orders based on proto pictures.
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 07:01 AM   #143
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
It is a shame as we know they have the ability to turn out quality pieces, they've proved this.
we'll just have to see how this turns out, as Asgard said no more orders based on proto pictures.
When it comes to my collection, the Captain Marvel PF is possibly the most impressive production piece Sideshow have made. The recent Black Widow and Lady Deadpool are great examples also. My Harley Quinn PF (Margot Robbie) i'd class as mid-range quality.

I passed on the recent Mystique PF. Based on video's / chat's i've seen on YouTube, Mystique appears to have many QC (paint) issue's. Some collectors received good examples. Many did not.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 07:54 AM   #144
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
When it comes to my collection, the Captain Marvel PF is possibly the most impressive production piece Sideshow have made. The recent Black Widow and Lady Deadpool are great examples also. My Harley Quinn PF (Margot Robbie) i'd class as mid-range quality.

I passed on the recent Mystique PF. Based on video's / chat's i've seen on YouTube, Mystique appears to have many QC (paint) issue's. Some collectors received good examples. Many did not.
It does seem to be a bit hit or miss...with "WW gate" and the whole who's got googly eyes and who hasn't being a good example and I know both Sonia's are inevitably quoted as examples of how great SS can get, but...
The way it stands with QC now and how much of a gamble it is to pre-order, as you say with Dejah I'll wait and see, Elektra being my last pre-order.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:56 AM   #145
KgBeast11

Quote:
It does seem to be a bit hit or miss...with "WW gate" and the whole who's got googly eyes and who hasn't being a good example and I know both Sonia's are inevitably quoted as examples of how great SS can get, but...
The way it stands with QC now and how much of a gamble it is to pre-order, as you say with Dejah I'll wait and see, Elektra being my last pre-order.
With WW was bad. I expect that qc from a black merket chinese ripoff company not global leader SS. Truly a laughing stock
Old 04-21-2019, 08:58 AM   #146
KgBeast11

But there are many companies who do it better than SS ,: XM , Prime 1 first to jump in mind. You pay more but if you're in the premium market looking for a good statue isnt that the point ?
Old 04-21-2019, 09:03 AM   #147
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KgBeast11 View Post
With WW was bad. I expect thay qc from a black merket chinese ripoff company not global leader SS. Truly a laughing stock
NO...bad KgBeast, I'm going to come to their defence on this one, they're only a laughing stock some of the time.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:14 AM   #148
KgBeast11

How do you think the head will rest on her arm like in the picture whitout holes for the fingers ?
Old 04-22-2019, 10:23 AM   #149
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KgBeast11 View Post
How do you think the head will rest on her arm like in the picture whitout holes for the fingers ?
That will be a hit or miss point, how many people get one where it doesn't touch or maybe get one thats too tight a fit, from WW googly gate to Dejah touch gate.
Old 04-22-2019, 12:57 PM   #150
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Damn....thought there'd been an update
lol, hopefully soon.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote