Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-19-2019, 11:14 PM   #2641
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
You cannot resist this Wonder Woman in person. A sculpting masterpiece.

This and the iron studios 1/3 are the best WW statues out there to date.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 11:23 PM   #2642
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
This and the iron studios 1/3 are the best WW statues out there to date.
I like my 1/2 scale quite a bit, but because of its museum pose and it being a movie based piece, it’s probably a big no no to many here.

I myself can’t wait to get the next two 1/3 Prime 1 WW pieces.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 04:36 AM   #2643
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Resin.
That's good.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 06:29 AM   #2644
D-ten
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Your local resellers must not have any bargaining power whatsoever.

To get the recent Superman regular locally after member and early preorder discounts it cost me approximately $500 USD shipped, whereas if I was to buy it from Sideshow it would cost me about $850 USD. With the recent Thor it was about $630 USD versus $1,000 USD. And I’m aware it ends up being cheaper than the retail US cost for the regulars
How much do you get charged for import / customs / taxes duties in Australia? Do you have a fee free threshold? Our UK government is beyond crap and we have to pretty much pay over 20% on any item over £15 brought into UK. That just gets added to the price of UK sellers.
D-ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 06:39 AM   #2645
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ten View Post
How much do you get charged for import / customs / taxes duties in Australia? Do you have a fee free threshold? Our UK government is beyond crap and we have to pretty much pay over 20% on any item over £15 brought into UK. That just gets added to the price of UK sellers.
On the last couple I’ve had the duty has only been around £35.
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 06:54 AM   #2646
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ten View Post
Prior to 1/7/18 (I think) the import/GST(value added tax) exemption was $1,000 AUD (now about $700 USD). But since then any item imported under a $1,000 AUD has our normal 10% GST added on top (of which Sideshow now collect it on behalf on the Australian Taxation Office at final checkout etc). However for items in excess of that amount I believe it’s collected by Australian customs plus import duties. Honestly I have yet to import any items above that amount so I’m unsure of import duties, but I’m estimating an additional 5-10% on top of the 10% GST for my list of Prime 1 Exclusives that I have with Sideshow.

But Popcultcha /Ikons (Australia) gets everything in on what I have to assume are majorly discounted wholesale rates. And all the pieces are shipped by slow boat in shipping containers. Given the volume that they deal with I’m guessing there are many associated discounts, which is how I’m guessing they’re are able to supply pieces sometimes even cheaper than the retail US cost alone. So even though they would get levied by the GST and import duties, the wholesale price must be far lower than what is offered to some of these smaller retailers that some in UK etc use.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:55 AM   #2647
Fuzz
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Prior to 1/7/18 (I think) the import/GST(value added tax) exemption was $1,000 AUD (now about $700 USD). But since then any item imported under a $1,000 AUD has our normal 10% GST added on top (of which Sideshow now collect it on behalf on the Australian Taxation Office at final checkout etc). However for items in excess of that amount I believe it’s collected by Australian customs plus import duties. Honestly I have yet to import any items above that amount so I’m unsure of import duties, but I’m estimating an additional 5-10% on top of the 10% GST for my list of Prime 1 Exclusives that I have with Sideshow.

But Popcultcha /Ikons (Australia) gets everything in on what I have to assume are majorly discounted wholesale rates. And all the pieces are shipped by slow boat in shipping containers. Given the volume that they deal with I’m guessing there are many associated discounts, which is how I’m guessing they’re are able to supply pieces sometimes even cheaper than the retail US cost alone. So even though they would get levied by the GST and import duties, the wholesale price must be far lower than what is offered to some of these smaller retailers that some in UK etc use.
Not exactly. Any business that does over AUD$75k in sales to Australia is required to collect GST (and register their business with the ATO) at point of sale for items under AUD$1000. Businesses doing under that amount do not have to collect GST; it will be collected upon arrival into Australia (ie, you get a nice letter from Customs or from FedEx/DHL/TNT etc).

Items over AUD$1000 are not charged GST at point of sale, but will be collected upon arrival into Australia. If you are charged GST for an item over AUD$1000 by the seller, you can claim that GST back, as you will be paying for it again upon arrival (ie double charged). There may also be a 5% import duty applied to your purchase and any processing fees. An Import Declaration will need to be filled out.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:27 AM   #2648
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Not exactly. Any business that does over AUD$75k in sales to Australia is required to collect GST (and register their business with the ATO) at point of sale for items under AUD$1000. Businesses doing under that amount do not have to collect GST; it will be collected upon arrival into Australia (ie, you get a nice letter from Customs or from FedEx/DHL/TNT etc).

Items over AUD$1000 are not charged GST at point of sale, but will be collected upon arrival into Australia. If you are charged GST for an item over AUD$1000 by the seller, you can claim that GST back, as you will be paying for it again upon arrival (ie double charged). There may also be a 5% import duty applied to your purchase and any processing fees. An Import Declaration will need to be filled out.
Thanks, I was aware of all the GST info (including the $75K threshold, but I was only thinking of the larger retailers such as Sideshow at the time) and I was under the impression that import duty rates are dependant on various factors?

And I’ve seen a lot of low cost items that still haven’t been charged GST. I personally have made a lot of purchases under a $1,000 since July and I’ve yet to receive any thing extra from customs yet. Though I just happened to warn one of my clients who purchased supplies from Alibaba that they shouldn’t be surprised if they get hit by GST eventually. Though I did find it odd as I was under the impression that Alibaba collected GST like other online merchant systems like eBay etc.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:53 AM   #2649
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
I like my 1/2 scale quite a bit, but because of its museum pose and it being a movie based piece, it’s probably a big no no to many here.

I myself can’t wait to get the next two 1/3 Prime 1 WW pieces.
Congrats on the P1 half scale WW. I really wanted to get it but I am sure my wife would kill me. Maybe if I sold 90% of my statues she would be ok with it
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 04:45 AM   #2650
wrlord
Fantastic Four

Whoa. What happened? I came so close to pulling the trigger on this one based on the prototype - which to my eye resembled Lynda Carter. I see the production version looks nothing like it. I'm so glad I saved my money. Really sad, though.
wrlord is offline   Reply With Quote