Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-29-2018, 12:09 PM   #2051
bicoid18
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I swear this line will be the end of me.
bicoid18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 12:24 PM   #2052
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Who is he?
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 12:26 PM   #2053
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Seems to be the leader of of the Godhand.
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 12:28 PM   #2054
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
Who is he?
Void

Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 12:30 PM   #2055
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

yeah, this year I’m only collecting this line and I have one from another, BW Megatron and I’m not putting my cash on anything else.

These are such great pieces.
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 12:42 PM   #2056
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
Void

Nah...not a character I would buy. Come on, bring on Casca or Skull Knight!
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 01:23 PM   #2057
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
I kind of get what you're saying but at the same time am totally confused by it as well.

You're saying it's too daunting for companies to keep standards high when dealing with manufacturers and past products ordered by fickle people and they'll deal with heavy loses before they get dedicated brand loyalty?

I guess I'm a little confused by all that when I'm thinking myself if a company dedicated themselves to high production values, then they'll keep costumers around who gladly open their purse strings for future releases. I know that's why I no longer collect from SS.

It would take one hell of a liscense for me to jump back in their bandwagon. But if P1, or any company for that matter brings me the best quality well rest assured that's where my money will go time and again.

With P1 being so great, I know have options to collect QUALITY berserk, batman, bloodborne, marvel, D.C., transformers, king kong, anime etc. I can collect quality pieces from all different lines including others they pursue.

A repeat costumer means continued money. But if a company disappoints then Hasta la vista! There's your profit vs nonprofit.

PCS also lost me due to certain elements up to and including poor qc.

What I'm saying is this isn't a traditional market built on repeat customers.

What differentiates Prime1 from anyone else? Survey says 1st answer is quality.

But that quality isn't sustainable for any company because the market as a whole isn't dedicated enough to a certain producer, license, or line. The only way to get that quality is to pay more than everyone else in the market as a whole. Prime1, or any company can't keep doing that arms race.

Basically the quality being demanded is not economically feasible on a consistent basis over time.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 01:36 PM   #2058
Kevorkian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
What I'm saying is this isn't a traditional market built on repeat customers.

What differentiates Prime1 from anyone else? Survey says 1st answer is quality.

But that quality isn't sustainable for any company because the market as a whole isn't dedicated enough to a certain producer, license, or line. The only way to get that quality is to pay more than everyone else in the market as a whole. Prime1, or any company can't keep doing that arms race.

Basically the quality being demanded is not economically feasible on a consistent basis over time.
i now collect p1 only exacly for their quality, if they are not able to keep their standard ill quit collecting.
Kevorkian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 02:01 PM   #2059
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I believe the only way these companies can create return customers is to lock down certain licenses. FOR example XM cannot distribute and sell marvel statues directly to the american market because sideshow basically owns the american market. Those 1/4 marvel statues that everyone seems to prefer WILL really only come through sideshow.

Prime 1 is doing licenses no one else is doing and that is how they may also create returning customers. Who the hell else is making high end NINJA SCROLL and FIRST OF THE NORTH STAR statues??? and UNLIKE other companies they seem committed to producing multiple characters in each line.

From my observation Even though they have released some statues with QC issues their quality overall is still better than most companies.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 02:22 PM   #2060
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevorkian View Post
i now collect p1 only exacly for their quality, if they are not able to keep their standard ill quit collecting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
I believe the only way these companies can create return customers is to lock down certain licenses. FOR example XM cannot distribute and sell marvel statues directly to the american market because sideshow basically owns the american market. Those 1/4 marvel statues that everyone seems to prefer WILL really only come through sideshow.

Prime 1 is doing licenses no one else is doing and that is how they may also create returning customers. Who the hell else is making high end NINJA SCROLL and FIRST OF THE NORTH STAR statues??? and UNLIKE other companies they seem committed to producing multiple characters in each line.

From my observation Even though they have released some statues with QC issues their quality overall is still better than most companies.
No not even licenses are enough.
The market as a whole is too fickle.

The significance of repeat customers in this market is overstated.
Sure they have been committed but cancels have begun.

Trust me EVERY statue producer knows customers want QUALITY QUALITY QUALITY. They get it loud and clear.

But the only way they can get there consistently is with more MONEY, MONEY, MONEY than the rest of the entire market.
There is no secret sauce.

Prime1 has been splashing cash to gain market attention which was hoped to gain market share, and hopefully when competitors are finally eliminated en masse from the market they would be a major player remaining.

Their recent cancels and slowdowns illustrates this isn't sustainable as to their original plans.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote