Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

» Spotlight
DGK Sideshow Domino PF DGK XM Moon Knight Statue DGK P1 Gurren Lagann Full Drill Statue Clay Moore - Inside Stories
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2022, 10:22 AM   #51
Augen
Inhumans
 
Augen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 9,115
I am loving the show, it is easily my favorite on right now and among my tops for 2022.

Just about all I could have wanted, the characters, sets, acting, music, outfits, all of it is top notch and has me enthralled.

When a character simply enters a room and the consequences ripple with tension I know I am invested.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 11:26 AM   #52
nearmint
Ultimates
 
nearmint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Secret Sanctuary
Posts: 9,705
Another time jump in the next episode. Will the new actresses for Rhaenyra and Alicent measure up?
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 11:27 AM   #53
jeremydmc
Zot
 
jeremydmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 5,668
I can foresee some very confused viewers next episode who do not know this is happening.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 07:50 PM   #54
Black Cat
Beta Ray BIll
 
Black Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 13,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Nope, it's boring AF. I absolutely LOVE Game of Thrones, but this show is moving at a glacial pace.
See I knew it wasn't just me lol. This is definately not a binge-watching series. I have to watch half an episode and take the rest of the week off before I even finish it lol.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 07:59 PM   #55
Demona
Graviton
 
Demona's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Dela-where??
Posts: 16,453
Ok….when did Valyria fall? I know there are no Valyrians in GoT, but there are in HotD. Is “Old Valyria” still old in this series or is it more like “active Valyria”?

It’s been bothering me and I can’t figure out where it falls in the timeline, despite Google

Also, the last episode was solid. I don’t understand what benefit Alicent gets for doing her friend dirty. Rhaenera has never shown any aggression to her or her children, I wouldn’t see that changing once upon the Throne. It’s Dameon she’s gotta worry about no matter who is on the Iron Throne.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 08:15 PM   #56
Augen
Inhumans
 
Augen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 9,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Ok?.when did Valyria fall? I know there are no Valyrians in GoT, but there are in HotD. Is ?Old Valyria? still old in this series or is it more like ?active Valyria??

It?s been bothering me and I can?t figure out where it falls in the timeline, despite Google

Also, the last episode was solid. I don?t understand what benefit Alicent gets for doing her friend dirty. Rhaenera has never shown any aggression to her or her children, I wouldn?t see that changing once upon the Throne. It?s Dameon she?s gotta worry about no matter who is on the Iron Throne.
Valyria was a grand empire in Essos, "The Doom" that caused its fall occured a little over a hundred years before the events in this show.

There is a Valyrian in GoT, Daenerys Targaryen has the blood of old Valyria.

When Valyria fell in the cataclysm only the remote lesser houses such as Targaryen and Velaryron survived being so far from the empire in Westeros.

Aegon (King Viserys Great Grandfather) in the power vacuum of a world where only he had dragons conquered six of the seven kingdoms of Westeros with his sister wives and founded Kings Landing and reset a new calendar.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 09:29 PM   #57
ZenLogikos
Zot
 
ZenLogikos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Valyria was a grand empire in Essos, "The Doom" that caused its fall occured a little over a hundred years before the events in this show.

There is a Valyrian in GoT, Daenerys Targaryen has the blood of old Valyria.

When Valyria fell in the cataclysm only the remote lesser houses such as Targaryen and Velaryron survived being so far from the empire in Westeros.

Aegon (King Viserys Great Grandfather) in the power vacuum of a world where only he had dragons conquered six of the seven kingdoms of Westeros with his sister wives and founded Kings Landing and reset a new calendar.
Four! Don't forget Viserys and Master Aemon (until they died, anyway) and Jon Snow...
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 09:33 PM   #58
ZenLogikos
Zot
 
ZenLogikos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I am loving the show, it is easily my favorite on right now and among my tops for 2022.

Just about all I could have wanted, the characters, sets, acting, music, outfits, all of it is top notch and has me enthralled.

When a character simply enters a room and the consequences ripple with tension I know I am invested.
I agree. Like with Homelander in The Boys, I can't predict what's going to happen at any moment in this show. Great tension.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 09:37 PM   #59
Demona
Graviton
 
Demona's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Dela-where??
Posts: 16,453
Thanks, Augen! It was driving me nuts
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 12:03 PM   #60
Augen
Inhumans
 
Augen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 9,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Four! Don't forget Viserys and Master Aemon (until they died, anyway) and Jon Snow...
Yes, I should have mentioned them as well. Loved Aemon, hated that Viserys.

The blood of old Valyria shines through often. It is why I think Tyrion Lannister is part Targaryen given his pale blonde hair and mix of eyes. This isn't conveyed in the show by Peter Dinklage or his dragon dreams.

Personally I think Jon's parents are Ned and Ashara Dayne so he's a Stark to me. Ashara is looking after Aegon, Rhaegar and Elia's son thought killed by Gregor Clegane.

We may never know, been waiting 11 years to find out.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:11 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com