Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-01-2018, 10:27 PM   #131
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I think I'm going on Thursday not sure yet

If I go, I ask these ----ers what's going on and I'll get it on camera for all of us to enjoy.
Sounds good
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 12:07 PM   #132
MegatronG1
The X-Men

I asked about accepting "Sideshow credit" instead of a check. They answered to the effect that even "credit" is also contingent on PCS. Sideshow owns this now, and they are not willing to dig into their pocketbook to fix the problem.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 12:37 PM   #133
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
I asked about accepting "Sideshow credit" instead of a check. They answered to the effect that even "credit" is also contingent on PCS. Sideshow owns this now, and they are not willing to dig into their pocketbook to fix the problem.
Sounds like we need to lawyer-up.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 02:03 PM   #134
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post

Honestly it’s really sad that it turned out this way. Back in the day it was Mark (BornFree), Safaraz and myself (and a few other originals) that used to swoon over Jerry’s work and add hype around PCS via social media.

Praising PCS and promoting their products. I remember submitting several PCS product advertisements to EventHubs and SRK only to see them become feature stories.

Now it’s impossible to support this company. And I’m embarrassed for Jerry and the manner that (semi) New management has conducted themselves.

It’s stunning that they went from communicating and (while laughable) some sort of transparency, to dead silence.

I’m left to wonder how long can it possibly go on like this.

I have two orders left. Rambo and Chun.

Then it’s goodbye.
What happened to bornfree, he worships pcs and jerry I remember.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 03:37 PM   #135
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
What happened to bornfree, he worships pcs and jerry I remember.
He’s streaming, doing player interviews and building his channel these days.

Mostly out of the Statue game, aside from selling off his collection.

His coverage of PCS and it’s products were definitely a high point for this company, and a prime example of how the community behind the statues brought the hype, excitement and flavor to collecting PCS.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 06:01 PM   #136
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
He’s streaming, doing player interviews and building his channel these days.

Mostly out of the Statue game, aside from selling off his collection.

His coverage of PCS and it’s products were definitely a high point for this company, and a prime example of how the community behind the statues brought the hype, excitement and flavor to collecting PCS.
A perfect example of the benefit licenses provided to PCS. Customer potential wasn't as wide as Marvel or DC but much more loyal.

Obviously statue collectors are an obsessive lot but fighting game players are an even more dedicated bunch by nature.

Past the initial accessible play mechanics they can require considerable skill much more akin to playing a musical instrument than any other type video game.

People here are Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, and He-Man fans much more than Macaluso fans.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 06:39 PM   #137
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Listen I'm all for laying blame where it is due.
I'm not so sure this would end up being Sideshow's legal responsibility as much as everyone wishes it could.

Other than whatever orders Sideshow has actually taken themselves they have made no contracts or agreements with any us. Their agreement is with PCS and there is likely a way for them to exit it if need be.
Doubtful in hindsight Sideshow would have made this deal.

It may be best to try to make things as easy as possible on Sideshow for a while longer.
Sideshow is literally all we have left outside of long shot legal options as a group or worse individually.

We've come a long long way from being chased around and banned here for even discussing PCS's financial and customer problems all to the detriment of members here and the benefit of Macaluso and PCS management.

Sure I can be wrong and I'm not saying anything is a sure thing but I am sure Sideshow is still the biggest and best help we have or could get right now.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 07:27 PM   #138
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Writing has been on the wall for over a year and the constant goal post shifting. Remember PCS over a year ago was not going to honor prior release dates and they came up with some scheme to get breathing room for an additional 6 months to a year.

At this point in time I can assure you no one will get a refund. Now maybe Sideshow will do some kind of credit since it costs them less. Remember with the new deal PCS gets to keep far less then 50% of a sale now, Sideshow gets the majority of the pie and all they have to do is distribute. PCS is already not paying their employees or other bills, etc. Not looking good.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 09:19 PM   #139
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
It'll be an upcoming release from PooPoo records.

Jerry's already recorded his retort.
https://youtu.be/qryqQudsFPI?t=8
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 11:21 PM   #140
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

As if we needed any more evidence big Jerry is a snake here ya go.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1538536659599.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	117721  
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote