Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 11-06-2014, 07:33 PM   #11
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

It's clearly my own fault for continuing to buy this series. This week's issue took the whole thing off the deep end. I get what's happening and why it's happening, but it's just not worth reading. This may be the first event series ever I stop reading before it's done. I couldn't stand Age of Ultron or Original Sin but I still read them to the end in the hopes they improved. I don't think I'm going to give this one the benefit of the doubt.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:30 PM   #12
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Even though I haven't picked up the past few events, I can usually figure out what happens by reading a few articles on sites...for the first time, I actually can't tell you a single thing that is happening in Axis. I dont even know the premise of the series.
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 11:03 PM   #13
supahman
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

I agree man, this week's issue was totally WTF, why is marvel doing this ???
till last week, i was still ok..
supahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 11:41 PM   #14
SONICobra
Batman

I wasn't going to get into this because I had also sworn off event books and im not a fan of adam kubert (his brother andy is awesome). but seeing how this leads directly into the new uncanny avengers that I want to check out, and once I heard yu was taking over for kubert I jumped on. haven't read the most recent issue, looks like its going to be real special lol
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 01:55 PM   #15
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I saw the comments here before reading the fourth issue and now that I have read it, I totally see what you guys mean. What a car crash. The Red Skull made everyone crazy! Kluh SMASH!
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:41 PM   #16
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I saw the comments here before reading the fourth issue and now that I have read it, I totally see what you guys mean. What a car crash. The Red Skull made everyone crazy! Kluh SMASH!
Was it the Red Skull or this whacked out inversion spell cast by Wanda and Dr. Strange. So, Wanda's at it again, messing with reality? Please.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 06:43 PM   #17
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Was it the Red Skull or this whacked out inversion spell cast by Wanda and Dr. Strange. So, Wanda's at it again, messing with reality? Please.
You are right, Red Onslaught was altering the heroes' personalities initially, but after he was defeated, it was the inversion spell by Wanda and Doctor Doom that made everyone even more wacky.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 08:56 AM   #18
TK-421
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Issue #4 really lost me. So far everything seems so rushed. Allot happened in issue #4, but it did not "feel" like it.

One thing that bothers me, well there is more then one, is Falcon is now Captain America, and I guess along with the shield comes the mantle of being the new leader of the Avengers? Everyone falls in line behind him. even the Hulk. Well the Hulk falls in line because of the long storied history Sam and Hulk have....oh wait

I know it is minor to the other things in play, but again goes back to everything being rushed.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 12:20 PM   #19
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Issue #4 really lost me. So far everything seems so rushed. Allot happened in issue #4, but it did not "feel" like it.

One thing that bothers me, well there is more then one, is Falcon is now Captain America, and I guess along with the shield comes the mantle of being the new leader of the Avengers? Everyone falls in line behind him. even the Hulk. Well the Hulk falls in line because of the long storied history Sam and Hulk have....oh wait

I know it is minor to the other things in play, but again goes back to everything being rushed.
Yes, that bothers me too. The Avengers have had many leaders, they should've picked someone with more "team" experience.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 12:03 PM   #20
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

OK :
I have had some time this weekend to catch up on a little reading. I dived into Axis # 1-6 and the Revolutions # 1-2 and am utterly disappointed. I can see why this is almost weekly . Had it been monthly sales would have dropped so fast. As it is most people who pre-order this stuff are stuck with it . The 1st arc wasn't bad though Kubert's art was horrible. The 2nd arc made me want to puke. Good guys are bad and bad guys good. UHHH!! This is ridiculous. The Avengers are so off the deep in in this series it makes Hickman's AVENGERS look great by comparison. Nightcrawler and Sam Wilson's (sorry can't call him Cap) dialogue in these issues are so bad It's like a 10 year old wrote them . I expect more from Rick Remender . I will get the end because I have pre-ordered them but will not get Uncanny Avengers vol # 2 if this is what I am to expect. Also Dodsen's art in the last 2 issues is sub par for him. The covers have been good so I have a positive in this.
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote