Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 12-14-2014, 01:15 AM   #1
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Tony Stark

Was reading some of my old Iron Man comics and just wish we could get back to the pre-Civil War days when he wasn't so completely on the wrong side of everything and such an asshole.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 01:07 PM   #2
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I feel that way about Cyclops. But I also understand things can't remain the same forever and if I want to read about my favorite characters the way they used to be, there are 40+ years of books out there I can revisit.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 01:34 PM   #3
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

The Worlds most wanted storyline after Civil war was very good and made Stark appear very heroic and self-sacrificing to make up for his douchebaggery during Civil war, the Haunted storyline was also excellent and portrayed Stark in a good way.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 04:11 PM   #4
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
The Worlds most wanted storyline after Civil war was very good and made Stark appear very heroic and self-sacrificing to make up for his douchebaggery during Civil war, the Haunted storyline was also excellent and portrayed Stark in a good way.
I've read World's Most Wanted and have it in the two HC collections, and actually thought to mention that one. I agree. Haven't read Haunted, don't know anything about it, so maybe I'll look it up. Thanks.
Old 12-14-2014, 04:16 PM   #5
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I feel that way about Cyclops. But I also understand things can't remain the same forever and if I want to read about my favorite characters the way they used to be, there are 40+ years of books out there I can revisit.
I don't really see Cyclops as a villain now, just as someone who's been forced to shift his position due to the circumstances of reality. Stark, on the other hand, while you could say the same thing, primarily is driven by his collosal ego and vision of himself as a futurist. More self motivated than anything. Both he and Reed, who's character now has seemed morally and emotionally weak ever since Civil War, have been on the wrong side for too long and seem to have lost their moral compasses.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:55 AM   #6
supahman
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

+1 on this, they don't have to make him an a-hole everytime. With Stark, i get it a bit, with alcohol n stuff, with Reed, i just don't get it.
Cyclops, i'm njoying young cyclops with rucka and Bendis is doing good stuff to redeem Cyke in Uncanny and all new, though i preferred the old status quo from teh astonishing days.
supahman is offline   Reply With Quote