Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 03-11-2019, 10:35 PM   #81
azurepred
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by The STATUARY View Post
Do you have any shots with normal objects for scale reference?

sorry, I don't. There is a unboxing video on youtube that may give you a better idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottorino View Post
Does look great congrats.
Thank you sir.
azurepred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 11:56 PM   #82
ahkun_sg
Frackin!

The photos looks great! This should be what we should be getting. I presume the guyver base is wider but not as tall as the zoanoid. This make sense since zoanoid is taller but with a narrow shoulder and pose.
ahkun_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 07:08 AM   #83
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Thanks for the pics azurepred and rj. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty disappointed by how dark the webbing is. I looked at some stills from the movie and it definitely seems way overdone. I'm sure it was nowhere near that dark on the bust as well and I plan to display them together (my bust is in storage atm). But I'll wait until I get it in hand to pass judgement. Other than that it looks like it came out really nice. Mine is coming from my LCS so I'm not sure when it will be shipping, but hopefully it's not too far away.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 09:43 AM   #84
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Can anyone else confirm that the blades for the elbows are pretty weak? I didn't even think they were magnets considering how weak they are. I feel if I were to just slightly nudge them, they would fall out. They lasted throughout the night without falling out though....
Have you tried using "museum gel" to keep them in place? It's a clear gel and does an excellent job in keeping loose pieces in place. You can have it on a piece for years and then easily comes off. At least for me it has worked great.
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 02:07 PM   #85
azurepred
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
Thanks for the pics azurepred and rj. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty disappointed by how dark the webbing is. I looked at some stills from the movie and it definitely seems way overdone. I'm sure it was nowhere near that dark on the bust as well and I plan to display them together (my bust is in storage atm). But I'll wait until I get it in hand to pass judgement. Other than that it looks like it came out really nice. Mine is coming from my LCS so I'm not sure when it will be shipping, but hopefully it's not too far away.

my bust is in storage atm as well, so I can't compare. The webbing seems to match the Zoanoid maquette pretty well. I haven't even looked to compare to the screen suit lol, so not doing so will save me some disappointment. I'm still very happy with him.

Off topic, do you use popcultcha a lot? I ordered something from them, but it's been almost 2 months with no reply to any emails I've sent to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d rod View Post
Have you tried using "museum gel" to keep them in place? It's a clear gel and does an excellent job in keeping loose pieces in place. You can have it on a piece for years and then easily comes off. At least for me it has worked great.
I have not actually. Is there a brand you recommend? So far, the blades have stayed in without any incident *knock on wood*.
Old 03-17-2019, 03:22 PM   #86
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

I've had this one for about 8 years and still works perfectly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190317_142024.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	353.3 KB
ID:	121914  
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:59 AM   #87
ahkun_sg
Frackin!

azurepred, are the guyver and zoanoid base of the same dimension? I know the zoanoid base is a bit higher, but how about the width and length?
ahkun_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 12:53 AM   #88
azurepred
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by d rod View Post
I've had this one for about 8 years and still works perfectly.
cool, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahkun_sg View Post
azurepred, are the guyver and zoanoid base of the same dimension? I know the zoanoid base is a bit higher, but how about the width and length?

not 100% sure, but I believe so......It's odd that the Zoanoid base is higher.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:03 AM   #89
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post

Off topic, do you use popcultcha a lot? I ordered something from them, but it's been almost 2 months with no reply to any emails I've sent to them.
I do use them a fair bit. Generally I use them for all products that don't have an exclusive, or if it's not an exclusive that I care about. I have always found their customer service to be excellent, so it does seem strange that you haven't had any replies. I normally deal with Toby who has always been prompt at fixing any issues I've had. I'll send you a pm with his direct email.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 01:54 PM   #90
clutch
Sailor Moon

Anyone going to Monsterpalooza? Steve is going to have some guyver overlord mini busts for sale.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote