Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 06-05-2016, 07:31 PM   #21
stefans
Doh!

I just wrote Hollywood Collectibles the following message, hope it will help and that the prototype they show is just a first attempt.
That said, folks, this is the only derelict we may see for a long time, maybe even the only one ever, and it is molded from a Giger model done in 2012, not bad at all i think...

Hello,

i contact you because i placed an order for the Alien Derelict.
If i dare give you a feedback on the prototype photos, reflecting what i and some other people think.

Very nice project, as the mold comes from a Giger 2012 work.
But as many commented, the paint job is not as good as Giger's paint job (see the photo of his model i attached to my email).
The shaded lines are nowhere near fine enough for example.
Look how fine and dense the lines are !
Look how darker the derelict looks !
The real one was also slightly more brilliant, looking more wet !
I hope you will better stick to that paint job, and not the prototype of your site, PLEASE.
On the positive side, the molding is for sure very nice, and captures Giger's 2012 model very well i guess !

I urge you to look at the real movie derelict and Giger's 2012 model and to stick much more to his vision and how he painted his model.

PLEASE, don't do an average job with the paint, do it really nice, in respect of Giger and your customers....

Thanks so much for all your nice work, and i have here with me your splendid space jockey bought years ago, very nice piece !!!!

Stefan
stefans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 10:44 AM   #22
johnclone
The Enchantress

That paint job, uggh.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 04:23 PM   #23
Foofighter
Doh!

I have to agree. I'm pretty forgiving when it comes to prototypes, but I am not sold on the physical features or the paint scheme. I had the good fortune of purchasing probably one of the most accurate Derelict ships which was produced by Joseph Jessup. It is about 24-28 inches in diameter and the detail/paint is awesome. Its a shame HCG couldn't come close.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Foofighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 10:04 PM   #24
johnclone
The Enchantress

Wow, what a difference. Everything is more subtle, more mature and experienced.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 03:46 AM   #25
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'm one of the happy owner of this superb model.
Here is mine, different paint job.

CAIN MKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 09:21 AM   #26
jfyahui
Death is hereditary.

Well I've caved in,and I'm getting this,who knows when we will see another derelict ship?...the model is cool and the paint up ,I can live with..
jfyahui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 09:55 PM   #27
jfyahui
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefans View Post
I just wrote Hollywood Collectibles the following message, hope it will help and that the prototype they show is just a first attempt.
That said, folks, this is the only derelict we may see for a long time, maybe even the only one ever, and it is molded from a Giger model done in 2012, not bad at all i think...

Hello,

i contact you because i placed an order for the Alien Derelict.
If i dare give you a feedback on the prototype photos, reflecting what i and some other people think.

Very nice project, as the mold comes from a Giger 2012 work.
But as many commented, the paint job is not as good as Giger's paint job (see the photo of his model i attached to my email).
The shaded lines are nowhere near fine enough for example.
Look how fine and dense the lines are !
Look how darker the derelict looks !
The real one was also slightly more brilliant, looking more wet !
I hope you will better stick to that paint job, and not the prototype of your site, PLEASE.
On the positive side, the molding is for sure very nice, and captures Giger's 2012 model very well i guess !

I urge you to look at the real movie derelict and Giger's 2012 model and to stick much more to his vision and how he painted his model.

PLEASE, don't do an average job with the paint, do it really nice, in respect of Giger and your customers....

Thanks so much for all your nice work, and i have here with me your splendid space jockey bought years ago, very nice piece !!!!

Stefan
Hi Stefan,did you get a reply?
Old 03-12-2017, 05:34 PM   #28
Kenernest63a
Doh!

Newbie here. I purchased this with final payment of shipping and handling for next month to go. Anyone know how timely HCG is with shipping or do wait additional months before they release it?
Plan on painting it with grey primer and using Giger's paintings and the film as example to finish it. I prefer the way it appears in the movie, that is how we all know it. Actually looking forward to getting my hands on it and going to town.
Kenernest63a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:56 PM   #29
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Still looks like an Eaglemoss Special
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 05:33 AM   #30
jfyahui
Death is hereditary.

Well I'm getting this....their apc came good and I have that...they are planing on doing the nostromo as well...