Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-14-2018, 10:48 AM   #2651
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Same (I'm not buying either). And that's saying a lot since I almost always prefer unmasked Magneto.
I hear you. My OG XM Mags is displayed without his helmet. Even though I love the helmeted portrait on the piece, the way he's sitting on the Sentinel hand makes me feel like he's done with the battle and contemplating what to do with Cerebro. I also have the Koto Mags (which I LOVE) and have that piece displayed with the helmet on because he looks like he's in mid-battle. This MAQ looks like he's in the thick of a battle so I'd display him with his helmet on regardless.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:51 AM   #2652
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I hear you. My OG XM Mags is displayed without his helmet. Even though I love the helmeted portrait on the piece, the way he's sitting on the Sentinel hand makes me feel like he's done with the battle and contemplating what to do with Cerebro. I also have the Koto Mags (which I LOVE) and have that piece displayed with the helmet on because he looks like he's in mid-battle. This MAQ looks like he's in the thick of a battle so I'd display him with his helmet on regardless.
Ah, how I wish I owned the XM Magneto. I might just get the new white version they're doing.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:25 AM   #2653
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Ah, how I wish I owned the XM Magneto. I might just get the new white version they're doing.
That's a nice looking statue. I'm essential a classic collector though so I tend to pass on modern interpretations of these characters. It doesn't help that I can't stand most comics released today so that fuels my need for classic pieces. That all said, that new XM Mags looks killer.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:31 AM   #2654
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
That's a nice looking statue. I'm essential a classic collector though so I tend to pass on modern interpretations of these characters. It doesn't help that I can't stand most comics released today so that fuels my need for classic pieces. That all said, that new XM Mags looks killer.
Same, i don't like nearly anything new from marvel comics, the most recent i've enjoyed from marvel is fractions hawkeye, growing up i was never into comics so when ever i read marvel i go back to the old stuff which is new to me. I do like some of DC's new stuff though.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:18 PM   #2655
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Yeah, I'm normally the same way too. But, seeing as the original XM is way beyond my price range, the Sideshow is a big pass, and most of the custom pieces I've seen either suck or are way too pricey, the white is really the only one left that I love.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:35 PM   #2656
darren1228
Zot

XM White Magneto suffers from “too busy” syndrome in my opinion. Oh look he’s stopping missiles and bullets! Oh he has a giant X behind him. Just way too much going on.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:41 PM   #2657
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Yeah, I'm normally the same way too. But, seeing as the original XM is way beyond my price range, the Sideshow is a big pass, and most of the custom pieces I've seen either suck or are way too pricey, the white is really the only one left that I love.
Give it another 4-5 yrs SS will release another mags as a pf this time around. I remember a couple years ago thinking it'll be forever til SS revamps all of the classic dc characters.....And here we are and i couldn't be happier.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:01 PM   #2658
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Give it another 4-5 yrs SS will release another mags as a pf this time around. I remember a couple years ago thinking it'll be forever til SS revamps all of the classic dc characters.....And here we are and i couldn't be happier.
Pass. I'm over fabric, so will be trying very hard to never PO another piece with fabric.

Besides, I doubt the sour taste of this Magneto bamboozle will ever leave my mouth.
Old 02-16-2018, 12:37 AM   #2659
StatueBandit
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I absolutely love Erik A.K.A Mags. He is what I would call a lean and mean Mags and thats cool with me. At first I was a bit on the fence regarding his physicality but after further reviews he is on point will be PO him.
StatueBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:46 AM   #2660
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Its gotta be the spikes for me, one minute i like the statue the next something feels off, i think its the composition added by the spikes.