Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 12-24-2018, 07:48 PM   #411
Kebron
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Guys I don’t think the statue was made to be displayed up high. Looks obvious to me it’s meant to be eye level or below. Sitting it up high you miss a lot of details. Not all Statues are made to be displayed from all angles.

It’s not as big of deal as some of you are making it out to be. The Superman cape yeah that’s a different story.
Kebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 07:52 PM   #412
Gothamite
Phoenix

I know people start displaying statues on top of shelves/cabinets when they run out of space or when a statue is really tall, but to me, that defeats the purpose of having a nice figurine in the first place. I like to be able to walk up to a statue and look at it up close -- w/o having to climb a ladder.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 07:59 PM   #413
pdenham
Teen Titans

The location I was going to have it is the top of a small bookcase which is 4' high. That isn't very tall, but where I would see it most often is when I'm sitting at the computer. From that angle it's about 20" above my horizon line, so a seam like that is more than likely going to be very visible.

No doubt about it, this was a really boneheaded design move.

No, it won't be a problem for everyone.
But it could, and should have, been so easily avoided.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 08:12 PM   #414
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
The location I was going to have it is the top of a small bookcase which is 4' high. That isn't very tall, but where I would see it most often is when I'm sitting at the computer. From that angle it's about 20" above my horizon line, so a seam like that is more than likely going to be very visible.

No doubt about it, this was a really boneheaded design move.

No, it won't be a problem for everyone.
But it could, and should have, been so easily avoided.
Well, that's perfectly normal placement. I was referring to people who have statues nearly touching the ceiling, lol.

But yeah, one would hope that statue makers learned from the SS Hulk with regards to head/neck seams...
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 08:13 PM   #415
Kebron

Sigh.... how is it a bone headed move when that statue is made to be displayed eyelevel or below? Is it perhaps more boneheaded to display something in such a way it was not meant to be displayed?

Maybe reevaluate how you have your statues displayed? Why not move a different statue to that height and display the WW one where it should be.
Old 12-24-2018, 08:56 PM   #416
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebron View Post
Sigh.... how is it a bone headed move when that statue is made to be displayed eyelevel or below? Is it perhaps more boneheaded to display something in such a way it was not meant to be displayed?

Maybe reevaluate how you have your statues displayed? Why not move a different statue to that height and display the WW one where it should be.
This goes for any statue- the point of where to put the seam- any seam- is to mask the fact that it is two separate pieces at all.

What you especially do NOT want to do is break up what should be a uniform area of flesh, unless it is already broken up by clothing or jewelry, etc.
Unless the object is to make the statue look more like an action figure. In which case, success!

And while you are right that the onus is now on the collector to find a suitable place slightly below eye level or even further down so as to avoid this being an issue, I don't remember that caveat being spelled out on the solicitation page when I placed the order.

Hey, I realize it's not the end of the world.
Just a disappointment as I was looking forward to it and now on the cusp of it being shipped out I find out it won't work for me after all.

I have plenty of other things I can put in it's place and have no problem at all just leaving the Lynda Carter one set up there till Spring when I'll rotate something else in.
That is a blessedly seamless statue.
Though it was probably cast in several pieces, the seams are well hidden- as they should be.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:11 PM   #417
Kebron

You can look at the statue and see it’s not supposed to be displayed higher then eye level. That’s my point. The complaint that the seams aren’t well hidden makes no sense to me, if you display it as it should be.
Old 12-24-2018, 09:13 PM   #418
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Give me a break. Now, it's the collectors fault because some collectors may not want to display the piece at a certain height? Sorry, sounds like you just want to pick an argument.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:30 PM   #419
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

Yeah, blame the customer for not displaying the statue 'right' lol

Some people on this board might say that, but Tweeterhead would never be that...uh, 'anti-customer' we'll call it.
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:35 PM   #420
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnis View Post
Can't hang with the ugly seam. Way too visible for my tastes & display options. Back it goes.
That looks like a defect to me. It's more than a seam, it's a very visible gap. A normal seam on a 1/6 statue wouldn't be that easy for me to see on my phone (which isn't big) while in portrait mode, at arms length.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote