Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 05-26-2009, 09:23 AM   #21
Sinatra VonDoom
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
Really, just becasue the won game 4? You feel like they are going to win game 5 now?
I think your guys are going to come back angry next game. They got outhussled instead of outplayed. They need to come back aggressive. If they don't that's when I'd start to worry. Still a lot of ball to play, best out of three with an LA home court advantage.
Sinatra VonDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:28 AM   #22
IronLungs31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinatra VonDoom View Post
I think your guys are going to come back angry next game. They got outhussled instead of outplayed. They need to come back aggressive. If they don't that's when I'd start to worry. Still a lot of ball to play, best out of three with an LA home court advantage.
To some point we got outhussled, but the most important part was that we could not hit any shots in game 4. Then they got a little hot at the end of the game. Yeah the were crashing the boards like a bunch of crash bandits. I have always say that game 5 is the game that really put the pressure on the losing team. Can't wait to see what happen on Wed.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:33 AM   #23
Sinatra VonDoom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
To some point we got outhussled, but the most important part was that we could not hit any shots in game 4. Then they got a little hot at the end of the game. Yeah the were crashing the boards like a bunch of crash bandits. I have always say that game 5 is the game that really put the pressure on the losing team. Can't wait to see what happen on Wed.
I listened to Kobe after the game, he sounded pissed. I think he is going to rally the troops.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:27 AM   #24
IronLungs31

I'm going to say it for the record that we are not going to lose anymore games in this series. This is done in 6... Time to roll out!
Old 05-26-2009, 10:58 AM   #25
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
I'm going to say it for the record that we are not going to lose anymore games in this series. This is done in 6... Time to roll out!
Good luck, man! (I mean that sincerely--this is a great series, and I'm loving every minute of it.) Still, I think the Lakers have their work cut out for them.

I think the Lakers got both outhustled and outplayed; that was a fantastic game for several Nugs who can be hit or miss. When Melo is nearly a non-factor, and the Nuggets still beat the Lakers by 19? And never lose the lead in the game after the first score? That's not just outhustled. That's outplayed, baby. I don't think it was just that the Nugs got "a little hot at the end of the game." They did that too, but they led throughout--it wasn't like the past games, where one team has led the first three periods, and then gives up the lead at the end. The Lakers just plain got beat in the same way that the Nugs got beat in Game 3--by not hitting their own shots, by giving up rebounds, by letting the other team's defense get the better of them.

I don't think the Nuggets have this in the bag by any means, and I expect the Lakers to come out fighting at home. It's a best of three series now, with Lakers home court. That's some serious challenge left for the Nuggets, because the Lakers can bring it.

I think this series goes to seven games, easy. Safest bet. Like I said, last night was the Nuggets' win-or-lose night; if they lost, it was probably over. If they won, they weren't a shoo-in, but they were still in it. Now, the Lakers face the same situation in Game 6.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:22 AM   #26
IronLungs31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post
Good luck, man! (I mean that sincerely--this is a great series, and I'm loving every minute of it.) Still, I think the Lakers have their work cut out for them.

I think the Lakers got both outhustled and outplayed; that was a fantastic game for several Nugs who can be hit or miss. When Melo is nearly a non-factor, and the Nuggets still beat the Lakers by 19? And never lose the lead in the game after the first score? That's not just outhustled. That's outplayed, baby. I don't think it was just that the Nugs got "a little hot at the end of the game." They did that too, but they led throughout--it wasn't like the past games, where one team has led the first three periods, and then gives up the lead at the end. The Lakers just plain got beat in the same way that the Nugs got beat in Game 3--by not hitting their own shots, by giving up rebounds, by letting the other team's defense get the better of them.

I don't think the Nuggets have this in the bag by any means, and I expect the Lakers to come out fighting at home. It's a best of three series now, with Lakers home court. That's some serious challenge left for the Nuggets, because the Lakers can bring it.

I think this series goes to seven games, easy. Safest bet. Like I said, last night was the Nuggets' win-or-lose night; if they lost, it was probably over. If they won, they weren't a shoo-in, but they were still in it. Now, the Lakers face the same situation in Game 6.
I believe that we have our work cut out for us, and that was a beating that we needed from them. We were just man handled on the board, and that has not happen at all the series. Atleast, not as bad as it was lastnight. Like I said in my earlier statement. "They were crashing the boards like a bunch of crash bandits." I will say that the ref's finally let the players play a little bit lastnight.

Then when you have Nene hitting flip over the shoulder shots, and Birdman fling in on well timed rebounds. The way that he was lastnight. You have to get that feeling that, that night is not your night.

I've said my peace and we will have to sit back now and see, if I know this Lakers team like I do.

Good game Nuggets and good luck the rest of the way...
Old 05-26-2009, 02:10 PM   #27
oddball
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinatra VonDoom View Post
I listened to Kobe after the game, he sounded pissed. I think he is going to rally the troops.
denver has a damn good club this year. lakers will have to bring their A game the rest of the way if they want to advance.
oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:26 PM   #28
Sinatra VonDoom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddball View Post
denver has a damn good club this year. lakers will have to bring their A game the rest of the way if they want to advance.
I see this one going seven, and I think it is going to get even more intense. A great series even though I don't have a real horse in the race.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:02 PM   #29
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

I hope Kobe and the Lakers get bumped...

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:51 PM   #30
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Really, just becasue the won game 4? You feel like they are going to win game 5 now?
If not 5, then 6 mate. I think mentally they have this series won already.....
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote