Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-13-2017, 10:09 PM   #211
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
This company... I swear. Sure it's only $10 but it's the principle. As if the price on these PFs wasn't enough already they gotta start jacking up the cost of Exclusive offerings higher than the regulars now? $560 before shipping is a lot of money for this piece. I really want it but at every step Sideshow makes it harder and harder to keep collecting their product. I'm back on the fence.
$10 is just to ease you into it, it will just be a matter of time before EX's will be $50+ more then the regular edition...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 10:21 PM   #212
kingdavidf
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Was never going to buy this, but what is this BS with charging more for exclusive versions...they better not make this a thng
kingdavidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:58 AM   #213
SONICobra
Batman

Prices are gettin nuts, glad im out of collecting star wars - may the force be with the rest of you
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 08:52 AM   #214
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
$10 is just to ease you into it, it will just be a matter of time before EX's will be $50+ more then the regular edition...
This sucks but it's true... errr how I hate this. Ex and reg should always be the same price. Guess more aftermarket buys from now on. Thano ex is 50.00 more than the reg. Why does ss keep doing this even with these already inflated prices.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 08:57 AM   #215
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vpuik View Post
Prime 1 is charging extra $50 on their big exclusives. It's coming whether you like it or not. the only way to avoid these extra charges is to buy more, but you can probably see how well that is going to go down.
It isn't Prime1. It's Sideshow.

Prime1 announced their pieces, prior to the pre-order date, at a certain msrp. then magically the price increased when SS listed them on their site.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 09:00 AM   #216
ambasah
Red Skull

Personally, I am done at these prices for at best, a mediocre/average statue.

Save your money folks and don't pre-order. At the very least wait until they are coupon eligible or even better wait for a deal in the aftermarket.

Unless the edition size is uber tiny, you will have no problem scoring it later for less.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 09:14 AM   #217
craigcliff1
Zot

P1 Storm Shadow on Facebook EX is $50.00 more than Reg.
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 09:23 AM   #218
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
This company... I swear. Sure it's only $10 but it's the principle. As if the price on these PFs wasn't enough already they gotta start jacking up the cost of Exclusive offerings higher than the regulars now? $560 before shipping is a lot of money for this piece. I really want it but at every step Sideshow makes it harder and harder to keep collecting their product. I'm back on the fence.
I agree. Unreal. Worse is like someone mentioned this is just to test the waters. They're going to start charging more and more for exclusives. Freaking ridiculous. Juggernaut is going to be 2 grand when they finally get around to making one. smh
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 09:47 AM   #219
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
It isn't Prime1. It's Sideshow.

Prime1 announced their pieces, prior to the pre-order date, at a certain msrp. then magically the price increased when SS listed them on their site.
That was Mr. Freeze and that was for both Ex and Reg I take it (shipping should be the same for both.) Optimus Prime EX was priced higher from the get go, as is storm shadow announced this morning.

And storm shadow is $50 higher for the ex even though the price level is in the $600s.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:37 AM   #220
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
P1 Storm Shadow on Facebook EX is $50.00 more than Reg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vpuik View Post
That was Mr. Freeze and that was for both Ex and Reg I take it (shipping should be the same for both.) Optimus Prime EX was priced higher from the get go, as is storm shadow announced this morning.

And storm shadow is $50 higher for the ex even though the price level is in the $600s.
Cool, what's your point? All the other kids are doing it so Sideshow should too? That's the same mentality that pushed prices to their current levels without any uptick in quality, fabrication and display options or any restraint in terms of keeping the ES at a respectable/collectible level from Sideshow.

Outside of Reward Points the incentive to order through Sideshow direct vs settling for a regular at what is usually a significant reduction in cost via a third party has always been access to the Exclusive. In the case of Luke we're talking an extra $10 for a blaster. Is it worth it? Sure, but make no mistake, just like the price increase push this is a 'test the waters' move. Will collectors pay it like they do with other companies? If yes then let's start applying it across the board and gradually increase it over time depending on the piece and the exclusive offering. Once the door is opened it'll never close.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote