Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 12-10-2013, 03:07 PM   #21
built2shred
Phoenix

To be honest I would like to see a more modern sculpt of Rouge, the one your showing looks like it was sculpted 3+ years ago and the face is not that great IMO... I bet Koto could really improve the quality on a new sculpt using todays technology instead of using that old one.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:25 PM   #22
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
To be honest I would like to see a more modern sculpt of Rouge, the one your showing looks like it was sculpted 3+ years ago and the face is not that great IMO... I bet Koto could really improve the quality on a new sculpt instead of using that old one.
This Rogue was sculpted about 3 years ago. I really like the pose, but I wouldn't object if Koto commissioned Erick for a different sculpt or to refine this one - so long as we got our Rogue release. All that said, if this 3-year old statue were put on the market today, she'd be the best 90's Rogue bar none. IMO.

gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:51 PM   #23
demonhunter
Kingpin

I wouldn't mind a new sculpt either. But perhaps the concept can remain as her busting out from the Sentinel head.

I would have preferred the hair to look more like the concept art instead of flowing upwards.

Bottom line, we need the Southern Belle of the X-Men to be in the Kotobukiya X-Men Fine Arts series. So far, we've only got one female member, Psylocke.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:27 PM   #24
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I personally love the original sculpt that kotobukiya did on Rogue.. She is the perfect representation of my favorite southern belle. The sculpt shows her ability to fly, her strength, her cockiness and her beauty.. If there is one thing they need to tweak, maybe its how her hair flows.. Its a bit cone looking.. But the rest all all perfect especially her sentinel head base.. ( I hope the eyes would light up).. Please Koto.. release her soon.. Gambit, Colossus and Psylocke is waiting for her...
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:50 PM   #25
demonhunter
Kingpin

This is how the original sketch looked like. Hair downwards not spiraling in a cone upwards. Would like it even more this way.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:00 AM   #26
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhunter View Post

This is how the original sketch looked like. Hair downwards not spiraling in a cone upwards. Would like it even more this way.
The Silvas can put together a wicked sketch! If tweaks are to be made, I would also suggest refining the belt to match the concept art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L Deimos View Post
Too bad no one likes Sabertooth! He looks kick a$$ to me and I actually had him pre-ordered.
You're not alone, Deimos. I had this statue pre-ordered as well. I'd really love Koto to bring back the deer carcass Sabretooth is dragging. Maybe upgrade it to a bear?
Old 12-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #27
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhunter View Post

Fantastic!!! She is gorgeous... I hope they do tweak her hair like that.. She is supposed to fly up, but her current hair sculpt looks like she is going down..
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:20 PM   #28
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I can't remember why Kotobukiya didn't release this Rogue. The concept is still strong. Those guys sketched some really good statues. They did the Psylocke Danger Room. And I believe that Selene Underworld project too. It seems like such a simple release to have Erick further tweak the statue instead of cancelling it. Unless there is a better idea we aren't seeing yet.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:43 AM   #29
crankyjammies
I am da law!

I only really want that Sabretooth statue. But I want the fur's texture around his neck refined.
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:13 AM   #30
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyjammies View Post
I only really want that Sabretooth statue. But I want the fur's texture around his neck refined.
The hair looks a bit smoother on this picture. Of course, this prototype comes complete with Bambi and severed leg.