Scarlet Witch

Pictures from equi-nox76
(Part 4 of 4)

XM Studios Facebook --- XM Studios Europe Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 04:05 AM   #593
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Mine cannot come fast enough. Should be shipping on Friday.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 10:41 AM   #594
yakisoba
Frackin!

simply amazing ... this statue is a must have to spiderman fans

yakisoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 06:27 PM   #595
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Gents, he showed up a day early.

I'd like to start by thanking Patrick for getting him to me. Very professional and great communicator.

This was my first XM piece. I've never made the plunge at this price-point and Mysterio was an exception for me.

I have always liked the Mysterio character. As a kid I would draw him all the time. The colours and crazy dramatic costume made me think of him as a quintessential bad guy. Both him and the Goblin were the hitters for me. I have lost touch with the character and the last time I read something on Mysterio was the Old Man Logan comic.

Most people here know I am a SS collector. They have been consistent for me and my pieces have never arrived with problems.

However, I will say this...I have never received a statue like this before. Ever.

From the moment I pulled off the brown shipper I knew something was different. The quality and presentation of the box felt premium. Less juvenile. I picked up the box to mount it on my table and I felt something different...extreme weight.

The piece was very awkward to assemble. Well, not really the whole thing but the cape was very difficult. That said, he came with actual instructions as well as the print and three portrait options. I appreciate this. When he was assembled I stood back and just felt blown away.

The paint is exceptional. The smoke effects are well done and his dome is extremely well done. I will likely never display it but his exposed portrait is very very well crafted.

Last but not least I was putting the biz away and saw it...500. A total ES of 500 pieces worldwide. This is a collectable.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 07:34 PM   #596
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
Gents, he showed up a day early.

I'd like to start by thanking Patrick for getting him to me. Very professional and great communicator.

This was my first XM piece. I've never made the plunge at this price-point and Mysterio was an exception for me.

I have always liked the Mysterio character. As a kid I would draw him all the time. The colours and crazy dramatic costume made me think of him as a quintessential bad guy. Both him and the Goblin were the hitters for me. I have lost touch with the character and the last time I read something on Mysterio was the Old Man Logan comic.

Most people here know I am a SS collector. They have been consistent for me and my pieces have never arrived with problems.

However, I will say this...I have never received a statue like this before. Ever.

From the moment I pulled off the brown shipper I knew something was different. The quality and presentation of the box felt premium. Less juvenile. I picked up the box to mount it on my table and I felt something different...extreme weight.

The piece was very awkward to assemble. Well, not really the whole thing but the cape was very difficult. That said, he came with actual instructions as well as the print and three portrait options. I appreciate this. When he was assembled I stood back and just felt blown away.

The paint is exceptional. The smoke effects are well done and his dome is extremely well done. I will likely never display it but his exposed portrait is very very well crafted.

Last but not least I was putting the biz away and saw it...500. A total ES of 500 pieces worldwide. This is a collectable.
I think that was a typo. On the website it says ES of 800. Maybe it changed in production though?? Grats on one of XM's best statues IMO. Top 5 or 6 for sure.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 06:20 PM   #597
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Just picked mine up from DHL depot because it was just sitting there for couple days without them shipping to me...

I go to say this is one solid & heavy cast piece. Kind of wish the box was small. Really love the smoke skull head. I guess I should have looked underneath the base to find out the ES.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 06:52 PM   #598
GaryTonge
Kingpin

ES of 800 guys. Mine is 114/800.

GT
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 06:37 PM   #599
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 06:45 PM   #600
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Nice pics Grumpy. Mysterio looks great. He should be on the list of statue of the year. What's the thing on B.B. Base?
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote