Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-06-2015, 01:06 PM   #31
jon.reynolds
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Frank Miller (TDKR comic) !!!
Jim Lee (HUSH comic) !!!
Greg Capullo (New 52 comic)
This guy knows what he's talking about. I will happily buy a 1/3 HUSH and Capullo Batman.
jon.reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 01:18 PM   #32
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Frank Miller (TDKR comic) !!!
Jim Lee (HUSH comic) !!!
Greg Capullo (New 52 comic)
Yup. Pretty much all of this!

Would love to see Prime 1's take on Frank Miller's style from The Dark Knight Returns especially. Batman (of course), Carrie Kelly's Robin, Joker, and perhaps the mutant leader. Unfortunately, Supes might not make the cut if it's a Batman only license.

As a side note, from the game and film universe: I'd like to see a 1/3 Arkham City Harley Quinn and 1/3 Heath Ledger Joker if 1/4 is not possible.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 01:29 PM   #33
chrisdeeds
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Kira,

I have Batman on PO, and will be ordering Arkham Knight and the 1/2 Joker on day one of PO.

I would love to see a 1/2 Scale Dark Knight/Dark Knight Rises Batman, Bane, Catwoman, Scarecrow, Ras, Gordon ect.

I would love to see a Keaton Batman, along with the Joker, Catwoman, Penguin from the 89 and 92 movies!!

I would also love to see some different versions of the comics...Killing Joke Joker, New 52 Batman and Joker...Versions from the Long Halloween would be interesting to me.

I'm expecting to collect most of the Arkham Knight line, including Harley, Catwoman, Scarecrow.... but I would not be interested in the Arkham origins.

Kira you and Prime 1 have made me a huge fan of your company and I will buy just about anything Batman that you put out...so excited to see what you have in store for us!!
chrisdeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 03:01 PM   #34
CallMeTheDoctor
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I just want a Pfeiffer Catwoman, Batgirls, Huntress, Vicki Vale and so on. Not enough love for the ladies.
CallMeTheDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 03:12 PM   #35
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeTheDoctor View Post
. Not enough love for the ladies.
you're kidding right? 2 out of every 3 pieces in any given Batman line are Harley, Ivy or Catwoman. repeatedly, into infinity. sure it may not be the most diverse selection of characters but the females always dominate any Bat-release
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 03:26 PM   #36
CallMeTheDoctor
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

That is true, but I don't refer to those. The constant creation of only those three are tiresome.

And along with Batman, we equally get a Joker. So one could debate that their is a 25% chance of any of those 4.

Batgirl was a great surprise from p1 and SSC, wish we can keep going that route. Batwoman, Black Bat, Spoiler, Batgirl Steph, Batgirl Cass, Robin Steph, Robin Carrie, Huntress, Talia, Barbara, Oracle, debatably; Canary, livewire, Killer Frost, Ravager, and Zatanna.

Then even live action could be considered.
CallMeTheDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 04:24 PM   #37
JohnMatrix
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira View Post
Scale will be 1/5, 1/3 and 1/2
Can we please see a 1/3 comic Joker?

JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 04:56 PM   #38
Lionore
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

In order to put forward the best suggestion to picking the next Batman statue, i'll take you a trip down to the memory lane, i believe this will help you to narrow down the choices you have for the next statue in the line :

The original rendition of the suit, from issue #1-163 featured the classic Black cape/cowl, the black Batsymbol and a dark-grey suit. The cape and cowl was blue tinged but the black tone was the dominant color. This is the iconic depiction of the hero that most fans love. Distinguished artists in that era including Bob Cane , Sheldon Moldoff, Curt Swan shaped the look of the character defining Batman in the comic medium.

Batman's appearance changed a bit in the issue #164(year 1964). The solid Black Batsymbol was replaced by the Yellow emblem on his chest, the cape and cowl was blue highlighted, the black toned down and the utility belt was more yellow tinged. This change lasted for many decades and almost 400 issues!!

In early 2000 and issue #575 Batman returned to the Black attire, lasting until now.Of course there have been some variations, but pretty much this sums up the visual history of the character. Throughout the decades Batman's outline became bulkier, the beefed up look reflected the grim and gritty atmosphere of the hero's universe which, especially after the Silver and Bronze age of comics, was highly accentuated, establishing the savageness of the character.

1) SSC's recent Black version 1/4 statue is paying homage to the hero's origin back in the 30s as well as his recent representation. Viewing this imposing statue reminds me of 2 different eras in the Batman comic, this combination of the old and new is captured in the most dynamic pose.

2) SSC's Blue variant statue honors a period lasting almost 400 issues and many decades. Many fans forget that Batman was mainly drawn in this particular Blue bat-suit making it the classic and the most representative visual appearance of the character. The prominent element of this Batman look is the Yellow bat-symbol and the dark blue bat suit.Carmine Infantino,Neal Adams, Jim Aparo, Dick Giordano draw Batman in this classic outfit.

Whether somebody is a newcomer or an old time passionate fan of the Batman comics, would come down to the main 2 choices mentioned above if he has to pick on a Batman statue. Black or Blue??.

The safest route to deciding what Batman statue, P1 should opt for is to search for the most iconic depictions in the comics by the most notable artists drawing the character.
Since the Black and Blue version has already been produced by another company,unless you want to saturate the
market with identical products you have to be very wise on the ideal selection.

I've been reading Batman comics for many years and have a great knowledge of the hero's history, what i would desperately need to see for the first time in a massive 1/3 or 1/4 scale statue is a Batman in the Black/Blue mixed color costume and the Black Batsymol. You can't tell if Batman is mostly Black or Blue. it seems to me like the color palette is 50% blue and 50% black. And i love this . The shadowy effect of the black and the radiant blue are combined together smoothly, emanating a unique aesthetic appeal. I am referring to masterpieces such as

-Long Halloween, Dark Victory art by Tim Sale
- Hush, art by Jim Lee
-Pre and post R.I.P saga, art by Andy Kubert, Tony Daniel

A Batman statue falling into this lines is something that hasn't been done and a great artistic approach.
I am adding some pictures to see for reference:

Lionore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 09:16 PM   #39
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Give me tom Hardy Bane from TDKR movie to go with Ledger Joker and Bale Batman in 1:2 scale and I'm happy.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 01:58 AM   #40
zenfrog
Frackin!

I need Nightwing aka Dick Grayson to get some love, there isn't a single quality Nightwing statue thats ever been produced.
zenfrog is offline   Reply With Quote