Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-07-2015, 02:15 AM   #41
strife87
Spider-Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenfrog View Post
I need Nightwing aka Dick Grayson to get some love, there isn't a single quality Nightwing statue thats ever been produced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira View Post
Next year Batgirl, Robin and Nightwing are coming and others big surprise.
I'm sure this one will be great!
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 03:36 AM   #42
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

My all time favorite batman rendition is from Norm Breyfogle.
Dear Kira! If you reading this please consider making one of the Breyfogle version, that never happened before.

Than:
Brian Bolland
Greg Capullo

Thank you!
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 05:01 AM   #43
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Neal Adams Batman is the definitive Bats IMO. A 1/3 scale Adams Batman would be amazing.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 05:06 AM   #44
Lionore
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
Neal Adams Batman is the definitive Bats IMO. A 1/3 scale Adams Batman would be amazing.
Yeah i am all in for the classic Blue outfit/Yellow emblem but this has been done recently by SSC. I believe that making the same statue wouldn't be a smart move, market wise.

A major reason the AK Bats was applauded by worldwide fans, is the originality and uniqueness of this Batman version.
Lionore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 05:07 AM   #45
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionore View Post
Yeah i am all in for the classic Blue outfit/Yellow emblem but this has been done recently by SSC. I believe that making the same statue wouldn't be a smart move, market wise.

A major reason the AK Bats was applauded by worldwide fans, is the originality and uniqueness of this Batman version.
The suit was done, but I wouldn't consider that an Adams Batman.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:12 AM   #46
Lionore
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Well. the new head sculpting is the closer to Adams drawings we have right now. And being fair i think it is spot on.
I think P1 should come forward with something totally new for its Comic Batman, thus will attract more fans
Old 08-07-2015, 05:33 AM   #47
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionore View Post
Well. the new head sculpting is the closer to Adams drawings we have right now. And being fair i think it is spot on.
I think P1 should come forward with something totally new for its Comic Batman, thus will attract more fans
Hmm..I never even thought of Adams or knew that's what they were going for with that sculpt. Did they say that's what it was suppose to be?
Old 08-07-2015, 06:10 AM   #48
Lionore

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
Hmm..I never even thought of Adams or knew that's what they were going for with that sculpt. Did they say that's what it was suppose to be?
The statue's portrait is a clear reference to the Neal Adams-Jim Aparo-Norm Breyfogle era. These three artists have a characteristic,similar approach to the Batman drawings,it's outstanding!!

Neal Adams:

Jim Aparo:

Norm Breyfogle:

SSC Modern Age statue:

For me this is the definitive Batman statue from that era, that's why i pre-order it in day 1. Now, P1 should do something different and fresh to attract the fans interest. Personally i wouldn't buy something twice, just because it's from a different company and a small scale difference
Old 08-07-2015, 07:06 AM   #49
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Don't see it, but that's cool that you like it. It's a good sculpt. The page says the "Batman on the 80's and 90's", so that wouldn't be Adams, but you could be right about Breyfogle and maybe Bolland as well. It's a cool head and I wish I could trade my original PF for this one.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:10 AM   #50
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira View Post
Scale will be 1/5, 1/3 and 1/2
please do a design similar to one of the concepts sideshow had. they wont do it but i know you guys would.

batman jumping off the bat signal with his cape stretched out ready to take flight.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote