Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-05-2017, 02:58 PM   #151
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
If you watch the Bespin fight between Luke and Vader, one of the most noticeable things is how they each hold their LS. You'll notice that Luke always has it held out in an aggressive stance with both hands where a Vader holds back and uses a single hand. This is intentional.

Only once Luke enters the hallway where Vader jumps out and surprises him are they both using both hands. This results in Luke being beaten.

Luke always holds his blade with both hands. I feel this is a huge miss. Luke is clumsy with his powers and overcompensates. He doesn't hold anything back which makes his sloppy versus an advanced adversary.

Very unfortunate. This aspect is absolutely integral to the character at this time.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 03:29 PM   #152
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

^ another reason why the blaster makes more sense here.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 04:06 PM   #153
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
If you watch the Bespin fight between Luke and Vader...Luke always holds his blade with both hands.
Actually Luke tries to fight one-handed at the beginning when he says "you'll find I'm full of surprises" but Vader quickly disarms him. From that point on Luke fights two-handed.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 04:09 PM   #154
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

So are Luke's eyes going to be looking up or down? Looks like we have conflicting images of him so far.

Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 03:30 AM   #155
Toady
Frackin!

I'm quite looking forward to this Statue.
Toady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 12:52 AM   #156
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khev View Post
Actually Luke tries to fight one-handed at the beginning when he says "you'll find I'm full of surprises" but Vader quickly disarms him. From that point on Luke fights two-handed.
Watch it again, Khev. Luke is double handed the whole time. When he says you'll find I'm full of surprises he swings to Vaders left, using both hands, and Vader hits his sabre across to the right separating his left hand from the hilt and Luke is crouched down and forced to block Vader with only his right hand. This then allows Vader to disarm him which forces Luke tumbling down the stairs.

Vader uses both hands at two points...when he starts force throwing equipment at Luke and it breaks through the window then once they fight on the bridge.

Luke relies on fighting with two hands while Vader toys with him by only using his right hand. When Vader grabs with both and the empire march comes on in a "oh f@@@" moment and Luke gets tossed around. On the bridge Vader beats him again then severs Luke's right hand. The point being that Luke failed to defeat Vader with and advantage and he now is at a disadvantage.

The hand being severed is critical for Luke. It was a moment where Vader had defeated him and took away his ability to defend himself. He used this to try and pull Luke to the dark side. When Luke does this later to Vader, he chooses empathy over power and throws away his own ability to defend himself to show mercy to his father.

Luke never fought with a single hand.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 06:45 PM   #157
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vpuik View Post
Why is the most uncomfortable place to hold the saber called the grip? Or are the black fins supposed to be rubbery? I played with a friends real graflex hilt and it definitely didn't feel like it was meant to be help from the bottom. Kinda looks like it though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
I owned Master Replicas lightsaber and the grip is rubber.
The original graflex T- tracks were plastic. MR made the mistake of making ALL the Sabers with T- tracks using rubber. That's why some are starting to break down and get "tacky"
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 06:48 PM   #158
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
Watch it again, Khev. Luke is double handed the whole time.

Luke never fought with a single hand.
This is my BIGGEST problem with it as well. He always has two hands on the lightsaber when engaged with Vader. At no point does he look like this during ESB. It's my favorite film and that's my favorite outfit. I REALLY wanted this piece to be special. It's just a let down for me.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 07:29 PM   #159
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Interesting.
I usually pose my Hot Toys in the first day or two and don't mess with them again. I instinctively placed both of Luke's hands on the saber, I must have thought that was the way to go for a reason.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 10:36 PM   #160
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khev View Post
Yep!!!
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote