Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-29-2019, 04:26 PM   #421
superdude
The X-Men

Yeah in most of the pics I've seen, it looks like they haven't added any gloss at all to the eyes.
superdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 06:22 PM   #422
Exorcist
Hydra

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdude View Post
Yeah in most of the pics I've seen, it looks like they haven't added any gloss at all to the eyes.
I have noticed this also........ And as a matter of fact, this also seems to be the case with the Prime 1 Justice League Batfleck. The eyes are brown and do not possess the glossy layer. The eyes look dry like Wonder Womans eyes....

Compared to Prime 1's Selina Kyle Catwoman that I have just received, Selina's eyes are very realistic and glossy like real eyes.
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 08:30 PM   #423
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I just received the bust yesterday. Performed a cursory inspection and everything looks ok. Eyes look good but could use a coat of gloss. She’s back in the box for now until I figure where to put her. I haven’t tried the light up feature. I was surprised how big the box is since the base is separate from the rest of the busy. I’ll have to take a photo later of the keyed peg to see if it is different than the statue.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 03:48 PM   #424
Drum18
A day without sunshine is like... night.

The light up feature is a real joke.
1) it's soooo dim... it's barely noticeable.
2) Worse, when you want to put the batteries in and/or switch the lights on, you may damage the bust by moving it in-out.

Seems like the original Iron Man MK1 crappy design where the switch (and batteries) were in the front.

I've got 8 other Iron Man & Vader that all have their switch in the back and batteries in the base. Those are all pluged in and remotely controlled.

This one won't be…

Also for the eyes, I see a gloss/reflection in them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Img_8337.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	221.6 KB
ID:	127747   Click image for larger version

Name:	Img_8338.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	221.6 KB
ID:	127748   Click image for larger version

Name:	Img_8340.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	127749   Click image for larger version

Name:	Img_8341a.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	421.2 KB
ID:	127750   Click image for larger version

Name:	Img_8348.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	426.4 KB
ID:	127751  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Img_8349.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	378.5 KB
ID:	127752  
Drum18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 09:58 PM   #425
Y3E
Gen 13

I opened mine up this evening and everything looks great for the statue in the small box. I opened the big box and it looked good too, until I tried to put the legs in to the base. No matter how much I try, the peg leg will not go down in to the hole all the way and that is because the other leg, her left is not aligned with the footprint that her foot is supposed to lie on. I it is more than 1/4 inch (5 mm) to the left. There will be no way for me to put the legs firmly into the base. I tried to give a bit of pressure squeezing the legs together and that was a no go to. I am sure I need to break it in order to get it aligned

I never had this bad of an issue with a statue. I had a similar yet not as bad with P1 1/3 Suicide Squad Harley but I just needed to make the peg hole base just a bit bigger on the base so the foot would sit flush.

Unbelievable.

Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 11:24 PM   #426
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

When I first got mine in, I thought I had the exact same issue. Took me a couple of minutes before I got mine in. Her left foot when going straight down would stop at pretty much the same place as it would hit part of the raised rocks. But on mine, I just had to push slightly inwards on the left leg/boot and it dropped the rest of the way. I just moved the statue a couple of days ago, and I had to do the same thing even after having the statue for a couple of weeks now.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 01:06 AM   #427
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

So is it worth keeping? I have the regular edition on order with SS and ive been waffling on her based on the ragged experience with Arkham Catwoman and now seeing people on here complain about this one.
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 01:58 AM   #428
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggatron69 View Post
So is it worth keeping? I have the regular edition on order with SS and ive been waffling on her based on the ragged experience with Arkham Catwoman and now seeing people on here complain about this one.
If you get a good one, of course keep it.

The fitting into the base doesn’t appear to be a widespread issue, as this is the first time I’ve read anything about it. On mine, at first I took my time as I just didn’t want to force it in, but after I figured it out, it’s just a gentle nudge in the right direction and it falls in easily on mine.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 03:12 AM   #429
WhistlingTime
Birdman

Not that I have this statue but I’ve had similar experiences with other pieces - setting them up for the first time and finding things aren’t fitting, but they’ve always come together for me.
Like Phoenix said, I just take it slow and try starting with slightly different angles/orientations and a very light push/pull if needed.

I’m sure it happens on occasion, but it must be rare for a piece like this to not go onto the base. Don’t we often see the production line of these things sitting on the bases? You would hope that any major misalignment would be identified then.
WhistlingTime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 06:45 AM   #430
Y3E
Gen 13

Yes, there are many statues that have had misaligned footing and SS is no stranger to this and I have had statues like this, but never this large of a space difference. A few millimeters but not 6.

Anyways, I will try as Phoenix suggested but I have requested a replacement legs.

Jiggatron, other than my footing issue, this is a beautiful statue and one of the best Gadot likeness. Also, she is bigger than 1/3, at least bigger than AK Harley or Suicide Squad Harley. if you get a problem free statue, keep it.

Thanks.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote