Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-21-2020, 07:26 AM   #231
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb24 View Post
Interested in getting this but it's shipping so soon (Dec. 2020).
It was surprising to hear that production has already started.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 09:47 AM   #232
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Hmm. I thought it would ship after Nightwing.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 10:09 AM   #233
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Prices are insane but that's going across the board...but a niche line and it's the 3rd samurai Batman already...

I think the Joker is a really good piece (not great) but none of them warrant the prices imo...

I think XM need to step back and look at what they are putting out and how they just drowning most collectors...first Samurai Batman was an expensive piece, then they hit you with a horse piece now another similar piece to the first one but its more expensive than the horse piece and it's not even that limited...come on guys.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 10:43 AM   #234
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmopeia View Post
And by the way, isn't XM breaking their own max es rule? Both B versions will have an es of 1388. A version is 499. Combo pack es is using the same pool as B versions.
I don't remember XM ever giving the Samurai line an ES Cap size.. I know Marvel is 999 and DC 1:6 is 1200.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 10:49 AM   #235
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Dec 2020 shipping date is insane...on record, their fastest turnaround ever! They have already started production...jeez

I can afford to get this Batman Ver A but to pay off the balance by end of the year is a bit too fast... T.T I have other statues to pay off as well.. (Thanos, Magik, Gambit, Iceman, Batman Rebirth)... oh boy...
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 10:57 AM   #236
mattikebukuro
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Is there any link for an official source on the matter? It seems incredibly fast.
mattikebukuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 11:17 AM   #237
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

It was on the XM/gem mint stream, and dec 2020 i bet it gets pushed to Jan, but if it doesn't i'm pretty much out cause i can't afford that this year. Was hoping it was going to be more like march.

This statues came out amazing with details, but i'll be shocked if they get the max edition size cause so much is already being pushed to end of year, and how many will have an extra $3000 to get both? Tho the price not the date ended up pushing me out.

Unless they will just make the max edition and wait for it to slowly sell ??
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 11:19 AM   #238
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintheng View Post
Dec 2020 shipping date is insane...on record, their fastest turnaround ever! They have already started production...jeez

I can afford to get this Batman Ver A but to pay off the balance by end of the year is a bit too fast... T.T I have other statues to pay off as well.. (Thanos, Magik, Gambit, Iceman, Batman Rebirth)... oh boy...
I hear you. I was expecting a mid 2021 release. I wanted to be somewhat responsible and not spend so much in Q3 and Q4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattikebukuro View Post
Is there any link for an official source on the matter? It seems incredibly fast.
Ben from XM mentioned the window last night during their livestream.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 12:50 PM   #239
Kosmopeia
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish3183 View Post
I hear you. I was expecting a mid 2021 release. I wanted to be somewhat responsible and not spend so much in Q3 and Q4.

Ben from XM mentioned the window last night during their livestream.
To add on that: He also said Batman is already in production. (I guess Joker too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred
I don't remember XM ever giving the Samurai line an ES Cap size.. I know Marvel is 999 and DC 1:6 is 1200.
There was a limit when they intoduced MTO late 2018.
They posted a list of their various lines with max edition sizes, but it's removed or I can't find it.
It stated that the Power Rangers were max 300 and Samurai series 999. (don't remember the other lines, due to me only being interested in these two.)
NorthernLadMSP made a thread about this and wrote: "[..]Here's a really amazing article that XM just posted about the ins and outs of their new made-to-order system. It gives great info, including all the future max ES for all of their current licenses, and answers questions about pre-ordering XM pieces and how MTO works.[..]
Sadly, the list itself seems to have been removed and no one in that thread stated the exact number. But it was there. I'm not crazy okay?!
Link: http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=164985
Kosmopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 04:04 PM   #240
khrisc
The X-Men

Also, offering two versions i think became a loophole as they can increase the ES past 999. They can offer two versions but for me combined ES should still be 999 if they wanted to be true to their promise before.
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote