Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-10-2018, 02:26 PM   #41
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

Coincidentally, last night I saw a street in my neighborhood was closed off because a scene from the show is being filmed there today.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 01:59 PM   #42
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I had to bump this thread after watching the most recent two (2) episodes.

I thought I had seen the most demented thing on the show with the ax and dead agent.....Ohhhh wait....next episode we have to "assist" a comatose hospice woman die.

Jesus that scene really messed with me.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:18 PM   #43
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
Coincidentally, last night I saw a street in my neighborhood was closed off because a scene from the show is being filmed there today.
It turns out the above scene appeared in the Rififi episode earlier this season. I see most of my movies at the cinema where Elizabeth met Jackson and I remember there were no screenings that day.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:43 PM   #44
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

Intense episode this week! I imagine the finale next week will be one long chase scene now that both Philip and Elizabeth are on the run without anyone in their corner who can help them.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:37 PM   #45
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Of course it would be Keri Russell's hair that is her character's demise
Old 05-31-2018, 09:06 PM   #46
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

I loved the finale. I read a review online that said every character got a sad ending and I would have to agree. Downbeat and yet thoroughly satisfying.
Old 06-14-2018, 01:23 PM   #47
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I am still not sure what to make of this ending. It didn't happen at all like I thought it would. I didn't hate it, didn't love it. I am just left wondering what happens to all of them now....

Great series from start to finish though. Can't recommend it to people enough -- Netflix this show!
Old 06-20-2018, 04:28 PM   #48
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I am still not sure what to make of this ending. It didn't happen at all like I thought it would. I didn't hate it, didn't love it. I am just left wondering what happens to all of them now....

Great series from start to finish though. Can't recommend it to people enough -- Netflix this show!
Really? The parking garage scene was everything I had wanted for six seasons. And the phone call to Henry and later the look on Elizabeth's face staring out the train window and shortly afterward really moved me.

I initially thought the Paige storyline ended with a big question mark, but I'm guessing she went back to living her life since she wasn't wanted by the FBI and Stan isn't going to turn her in otherwise his career is over.

Loved it.
Old 06-24-2018, 03:42 PM   #49
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

Will Henry move in with Stan? Has Paige completely abandoned the spy game? Isn't she at least wanted for questioning? Will Elizabeth and Philip be tried as traitors to Mother Russia? Is Renèe a spy? Will Philip and Elizabeth stay together? Will Philip look up Martha or his son, Micha? One of the scenes that felt the strongest in the series finale was the one between Paige and Elizabeth. There was no real turning back from that one. You can feel the bitter hatred and resentment Paige felt for her mother. It was a powerful scene.

Overall, a decent series but I think it would have been a stronger one if completed in 4 seasons instead of 6. I also think it would have been a more poignant ending if the tables were turned on them, i.e., to have one of the kids kidnapped or killed by the KGB as a means to blackmail them into doing something. The karma alone would have been so compelling. If one of the kids or Phillip or Elizabeth died or was captured, I think it would have made a more desperate ending. Running away - and getting away wasn't good enough for me. However, they returned to Russia the same way they left - with no direction and full of questions of the unknown. The waste of life and of time had its profoundness too. They didn't know this Russia or the Russia it was becoming.

I also think they could have set half of the final season in Russia during the failed coup of KGB of the Russian government in 1991. The writers could have had Elizabeth and Philip play a key role in the downfall of the KGB and the older order which ultimately put an end to the cold war, at which point, they could have been (real) heroes. It would have ended things nicely there as well, I think. Unfortunately, the series ended with me basically seeing Elizabeth as sociopath with very few redeeming qualities. The world is a far better place to live in without people like her in it.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 08:14 AM   #50
risingstar
Jedi Order

The more I think about, the less inclined I am to believe that Philip and Elizabeth will stay together. I don’t think he’ll ever be able to get past how much he resents her for recruiting (and ultimately losing) Paige. Elizabeth was actually ready to donate Paige to the Center too. She was a total whack job. You just do not come back from that kind of whatever scarring she endured during her youth.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote