Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 03-14-2018, 10:23 PM   #251
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Sarri View Post
There has always been a debate in regards to scale. Much of it has to do with misinformation and rumor.

To be clear, the vast majority of companies claim a scale, whether 1/4, 1/6, 1/10, etc., and for the most part the pieces are smaller than the actual claim. This has to do with one main reason. Companies and factories go smaller to save cost. This trend was actually started by Bowen. It became so widespread that nowadays factories in China go by height in inches with the base included, and not actual scale. It is kinda funny but it is what it is.

Now as a rule of thumb, when one company claims as scale, always think one size smaller. 1/4 is actually 1/5, 1/6 is actually 1/7, 1/10 is actually 1/11 or 1/12, are in the case of The "Bowen" scale, you are looking between 1/8 to 1/9. True 1/6 scale should be around 10" to 15" depending on character actual height, and without the base. Although larger, I'm sure that Tweeterhead pieces are not even close to that.
Makes sense. DC's Cover Girls line was 1/8-scale and priced at $100 from 2009 to 2017. This year, the price went up to $125. When I compared the first Joelle Jones statue to previous statues, I noticed that DC bumped up the scale to 1/7, same as the Bombshells (also $125). I'm glad that the statues are larger given the price increase (initially I thought it was inflation).

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 05:35 PM   #252
statue-man
The Riddler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3H5FoCnnsk
statue-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 12:37 AM   #253
Kebron
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Just preordered this with the Supergirl and The Imp.
Kebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:25 PM   #254
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Today is the last day for pre-order to get the exclusive. I still haven't decided yet. Not really in love with the exclusive.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 02:18 AM   #255
Rexdriver
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebron View Post
Just preordered this with the Supergirl and The Imp.
Will make a wonderful Supes family display!
Rexdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:58 AM   #256
Kebron
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexdriver View Post
Will make a wonderful Supes family display!
That's what I was thinking. They have a great start so far for Supes Family, and Bats Family, and possibly a Titans lineup....possibilities seem endless.

My hope is that they will do a Krypto as a SDCC exclusive or something.
Kebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 09:09 AM   #257
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
Today is the last day for pre-order to get the exclusive. I still haven't decided yet. Not really in love with the exclusive.
I was just about to pre-order it today when I noticed it was no longer able to be ordered. They did the same thing with the Harley EX, too, though - it also had a "last day" to order, was "out of stock" for a while, then went up for order again and was available for a long time.

I guess it's not a huge loss if it doesn't become available again. I'm not sure I ever would've displayed the EX portrait...
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 09:57 AM   #258
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I was just about to pre-order it today when I noticed it was no longer able to be ordered. They did the same thing with the Harley EX, too, though - it also had a "last day" to order, was "out of stock" for a while, then went up for order again and was available for a long time.

I guess it's not a huge loss if it doesn't become available again. I'm not sure I ever would've displayed the EX portrait...
I think grphx1 said it might become available again on the website at a later date if they have replacement exclusive parts left overs. Maybe that is what happened with Harley?
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 10:20 AM   #259
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
I think grphx1 said it might become available again on the website at a later date if they have replacement exclusive parts left overs. Maybe that is what happened with Harley?
Not sure... I sent Debbie something asking. I thought Harley went back up for order long before it started shipping, but I could be wrong. I think it was Harley's availability so close to (and I think after) it's release that made me feel comfortable waiting to pull the trigger on pre-ordering so early on some of these.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 10:44 AM   #260
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
Not sure... I sent Debbie something asking. I thought Harley went back up for order long before it started shipping, but I could be wrong. I think it was Harley's availability so close to (and I think after) it's release that made me feel comfortable waiting to pull the trigger on pre-ordering so early on some of these.
Good luck Brandon. I've been saying this recently that the exclusives seem to be made to order. Just because an ES amount is given doesn't mean that it'll bet made. Superpowers Superman's cut off sale date was announced the same as the Wonder Woman's cut off.

I'm hopeful that you will be able to snag one.
grphyx1 is online now   Reply With Quote