Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-19-2018, 06:18 PM   #171
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Just bought one of these on the secondary market, after cancelling my initial preorder it’s one I regretted letting go and it’s still always caught my eye. Hopefully should get it early next week.

Matt did you ever chrome the eyes on yours? It’s the first thing I plan to do when I get it in hand.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 04:02 AM   #172
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Just bought one of these on the secondary market, after cancelling my initial preorder it’s one I regretted letting go and it’s still always caught my eye. Hopefully should get it early next week.

Matt did you ever chrome the eyes on yours? It’s the first thing I plan to do when I get it in hand.

Nice, I suspect you'll like this one once it arrives. And no, not yet. Mine is sat in the corner of my games room but I've been working constantly this year and decorating in my rare free time (so much to do still, arrrgh) I will do them eventually however for sure. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 10:58 AM   #173
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Just got the Bust in and WOW very impressed! It’s bigger than I thought it would be and the paint job is awesome it can easily hold its own against my Ecc busts. Absolute bargain considering the quality and edition size! The seams don’t bother me really as when on display you don’t notice them, only negative is the eyes which are plain silver when they should be chrome.......but that’s already fixed

The painting process only took about 30mins start to finish!

Lady alien!

Before and after difference

Old 09-25-2018, 11:32 AM   #174
Python
Omega Red

I told you that you'd like this

Nice work on the eyes, I should stop procrastinating and get my alclad out myself....
Old 09-25-2018, 11:33 AM   #175
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Awesome piece. Heck of a bargain too for what you get. Sad that not too many people got into this and the line eventually got cancelled. I remember people were complaining about how the color looked totally off compared to the prototype but what they didn't understand was that this whole thing was translucent resin and the colors changed depending on the lighting as can be clearly seen by your pics. Congrats on the piece and the update you made btw!
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 11:44 AM   #176
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I told you that you'd like this

Nice work on the eyes, I should stop procrastinating and get my alclad out myself....
I actually used the Molotow chrome pens (literally draw the chrome on) the masking off was more difficult than the application

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
Awesome piece. Heck of a bargain too for what you get. Sad that not too many people got into this and the line eventually got cancelled. I remember people were complaining about how the color looked totally off compared to the prototype but what they didn't understand was that this whole thing was translucent resin and the colors changed depending on the lighting as can be clearly seen by your pics. Congrats on the piece and the update you made btw!
Yes completely agree the paint is excellent and you can never beat translucent resin for this type of Bust
Old 09-25-2018, 11:54 AM   #177
Python
Omega Red

I havn't tried those, I'll look them up. And yeah, the paint and finish on this is excellent! It's one of those pieces that really has to be seen in person to appreciate. I'm still hoping they will put that colonist maquette back up for order one day....
Old 09-25-2018, 12:20 PM   #178
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

HERE you go Matt
Old 09-25-2018, 02:33 PM   #179
Steve evans
The Spirit

Excellent job El Diablo, what a difference it makes
Steve evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 02:43 PM   #180