Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 08-07-2018, 02:31 AM   #21
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirlo View Post
ajjaja.My two favorite pieces of arh studios are medusa rattle and arkhalla fire. If I could only vote for a piece I would say medusa rattle.

we have taste so our vote counts for triple..we win..vote closed. Medusa is the best!
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 05:35 AM   #22
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Looks like the new Cleopatra might be a winner.

But yeah, that Medusa rattle is awesome but I do like the Minotaurus as well, it's very underrated. So is Achilleus (of course we are talking regular head here not the ugly one). Usually people react very positively to that statue.

Ares is also amazing as are Poseidon and his daughters...
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 07:34 PM   #23
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post

But yeah, that Medusa rattle is awesome but I do like the Minotaurus as well, it's very underrated. So is Achilleus (of course we are talking regular head here not the ugly one). Usually people react very positively to that statue.

Old 08-08-2018, 09:03 PM   #24
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post

Poseidon and the mermaids are flawless, and Ares is still one of the best mythology pieces in my collection...If only ARH Studios could return to its former glory.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 07:58 PM   #25
Rokdweller
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Poseidon and the mermaids are flawless, and Ares is still one of the best mythology pieces in my collection...If only ARH Studios could return to its former glory.
ARH lost a lot when Ehren departed, his creativity and attention to detail took ARH to new heights. Unfortunately the Frazetta license was not structured very well for ARH. They really needed to slowly release them instead of nearly all at once.

I rank my ARH pieces as follows:
1. Frazetta Barbarian - Repaint by John Allred
2. Frazetta Death Dealer 1 - Great as-is but a repaint by John or Rick would be Killer.
3. Frazetta Barbarian Solo - I just LOVE how Ehren captured Barbarian, I don't think it could be done any better.
4. Medusa Victorious - I would argue that this is the best factory produced statue ever. The execution and paint are proto quality.
5. Arkahalla Seduction - 1/3 scale beauty. Another I am truly tempted to get repainted. The statue is just that good.
6. Frazetta Virgin of Mahar - Yes, I am a big Frazetta fan. Another where re-paint would do wonders.
Rokdweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 08:03 AM   #26
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokdweller View Post
ARH lost a lot when Ehren departed, his creativity and attention to detail took ARH to new heights. Unfortunately the Frazetta license was not structured very well for ARH. They really needed to slowly release them instead of nearly all at once.

2. Frazetta Death Dealer 1 - Great as-is but a repaint by John or Rick would be Killer.
3. Frazetta Barbarian Solo - I just LOVE how Ehren captured Barbarian, I don't think it could be done any better.
4. Medusa Victorious - I would argue that this is the best factory produced statue ever. The execution and paint are proto quality.
5. Arkahalla Seduction - 1/3 scale beauty. Another I am truly tempted to get repainted. The statue is just that good.
6. Frazetta Virgin of Mahar - Yes, I am a big Frazetta fan. Another where re-paint would do wonders.
Anyways thanks the gods ARH is done with this Frazetta and ugly barbairans and animals...let the mythology and comix bimbos roll on for a better sexier future!
Old 09-10-2018, 03:08 AM   #27
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pheidias View Post
Anyways thanks the gods ARH is done with this Frazetta and ugly barbairans and animals...let the mythology and comix bimbos roll on for a better sexier future!
Pay attention, Arahom. These are wise words.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:52 AM   #28
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokdweller View Post

Your Frazetta’s Barbarian paintup by John Allred would be #1 on my list also, congrats on owning that.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:49 AM   #29
Chirlo
Fantastic Four

A piece of limited edition, 100 world copies. It has to be repainted, it does not leave arh in a good place.
Frazetta Barbarian, Conan diorama, the factory slave has a horrible painting job.
And they are not cheap figures precisely. Add the repaint.
I still think that the perfect piece is medusa rattle or medusa curse of beauty.
The factory is a wonder. I do not know any repainting.
Chirlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 02:07 AM   #30
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirlo View Post
A piece of limited edition, 100 world copies. It has to be repainted, it does not leave arh in a good place.
Frazetta Barbarian, Conan diorama, the factory slave has a horrible painting job.
And they are not cheap figures precisely. Add the repaint.
I still think that the perfect piece is medusa rattle or medusa curse of beauty.
The factory is a wonder. I do not know any repainting.

The ARH Medusa is a true grail of this hobby not just for ARH.