Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

View Poll Results: Have ordered / will order ?? (Court of the Dead)
Avarkus 18 15.52%
Cleopsis 63 54.31%
Death 46 39.66%
Demithyle 23 19.83%
Gallevarbe 57 49.14%
Gethsemoni 58 50.00%
Kier 77 66.38%
Mortighull 44 37.93%
Oglavaeil 49 42.24%
Queen's Guard 13 11.21%
Shieve 24 20.69%
Templar of Bone 14 12.07%
Xiall 45 38.79%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2015, 09:17 PM   #91
Teldil
Doh!

Buying for sure:

Kier
Cleopsis
Death
Shard (!!!)

Still undecided:

Gallevarbe
Gethsemoni
Xiall
Mortighull
Teldil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 12:10 PM   #92
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Ordered:
Gethsemoni
Gallevarbe

Will Order:
Cleopsis
Death
Kier
Xiall

Want, but might wait
Oglavaeil

Might even get a tattoo.
Debating between Jean Grey or one of the COTD art pieces.

I would go with jean.....I'm sure you have liked her for a long time if your going to get a tattoo. Who knows how you will feel about cotd in a few years
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 12:21 PM   #93
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

U missing shard on there but ya I'll be ordering all of them
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 01:34 PM   #94
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Definitely picking up Kier and Cleopsis somewhere down the line. Will probably pick up a few more here and there as well. Just not my priority right now since there are so many other statues I want to get my hands on first.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 07:36 AM   #95
gomur
The Tick

Queen of the Dead Gethsemoni is selling for cheap on eBay, cheaper than SS with their coupons codes even. Personally I don't buy statues to scalp, but it would be nice for a piece to make back what you spend on it at least.

It's hard to declare a trend because we haven't had enough CotD pieces released. Maybe the Queen had too large an ES (3000) for a non-comic entity? And bad QC with the decal tats and wonky eyes hurt it?

Makes me wary to PO any CotD on Day 1. Might even wait long enough for it to be coupon eligible and lessen the loss after-market, if it comes time to sell.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 09:18 AM   #96
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Queen of the Dead Gethsemoni is selling for cheap on eBay, cheaper than SS with their coupons codes even. Personally I don't buy statues to scalp, but it would be nice for a piece to make back what you spend on it at least.

It's hard to declare a trend because we haven't had enough CotD pieces released. Maybe the Queen had too large an ES (3000) for a non-comic entity? And bad QC with the decal tats and wonky eyes hurt it?

Makes me wary to PO any CotD on Day 1. Might even wait long enough for it to be coupon eligible and lessen the loss after-market, if it comes time to sell.
There is absolutely no reason to pre-order these. If you have a coupon, I would definitely just wait til they are released.

People, myself included, are getting sick of the production times with these. Red Death is going to hit 2 years soon. That is just ridiculous. I told a guy at work that and he said he could have just sculpted and painted his own in that time. I am going to assume they ran in to some major production issues with that piece.

I cancelled all my COTD pre-orders except for Siren. If I really want them after they are released, they will be available.

I had so many issues with my Queen piece. So, I refuse to pre-order these until after I see numerous in hand photos.

I wanted all these pieces. I love the line, but with the quality and delays...I just keep eliminating what pieces I plan to get.
I went from all, to 6, to 3 and I can probably go down to 2 now.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 12:04 PM   #97
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I'm just keeping my Kier order since she's my favorite and I used my 10% off coupon from Queen on her. Not pre-ordering anything else in this line. I'm interested in Shard but at this rate, she may not ship until 2018 (if I'm lucky).

SSC pretty much killed my enthusiasm for this property with delay after delay. The random QC problems on Queen certainly didn't leave a great first impression either. Fortunately, mine turned out OK but I've all but moved on from this line.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 12:38 PM   #98
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
From one of the main people that planned on getting the whole line...to now not getting or owning at this time any in the line should tell you something.

SS has too many delays with this. Had to get out before they end the line with only 3 characters.

If they get their stuff together and start cranking them out in a timely manner...I may possibly get back into the CotD game.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 12:49 PM   #99
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
From one of the main people that planned on getting the whole line...to now not getting or owning at this time any in the line should tell you something.
If it were anyone but you, it probably would
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 03:14 PM   #100
gomur
The Tick

The delays are most likely from SS juggling so many licenses between DC, Marvel, Star Wars, and so on. The obvious property to take a back seat is their in-house CotD.

Unfortunate as it does kill momentum on a series that was bright with promise. That and having to return the Queen 3-4 times - I've all but lost count. Perhaps if edition sizes weren't so ginormous, we'd see the statue queue run faster?
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote