The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
stairs
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 06:30 AM   #522
bforce
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Good news re: Damaged ED-209 Box etc. (although I'll believe it when I see it) - contacted the local distributor of the item by telephone today, after not hearing back from the email I had sent yesterday. They reviewed the email and photographs and are going to exchange the item for a new one Have to go and collect it on Monday - not letting it go through the post again!!

As a bit of a coincidence today I received a survey direct from the transport company who delivered the parcel, on "rate our performance" - needless to say.........

Paul (I posted this in another thread but you may have missed it) - I remember reading in one of the threads, that there maybe an opportunity for people who have purchased Chronicle Collectible items from local distributors (Australia in my case) to be able to get their hands on the bonus items, which are included for people who purchased direct.

Are you able to tell me if this is possible or not? Even if there is some expense involved in purchasing the bonus items and/or covering postage costs.

Currently I have the Ghostbusters Terror Dog (Exclusive), Cain and ED-209 (when I pick it up).

Thanks everyone for your feedback and support.

Cheers
bforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 09:38 AM   #523
CallMe_Snake
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
lol. You haven't seen me "criticizing" stuff. I know what I'm talking about. And to be honest, I don't need to "clarify" anything.

crit·i·cize
1.indicate the faults of (someone or something) in a disapproving way.

Quote:
Chronicle gotta offer a version that's not weathered though. The weathering on Cain and ED are too heavy handed and that take the awesomeness away a bit...
Quote:
On pieces like these. Especially for Chronicle. You either get it right or don't do it at all or you just have a low standard.

Here's the fact. Almost all the stuff from Hot Toys, Enterbay and Kotobukiya have EXCELLENT weathering and those are what? PVC and Vinyl? It can be done. I don't collect stuff from those companies anymore more but they sure knows how to paint their production action figures.
I would say that I HAVE seen you criticize stuff, and so has anyone who reads your posts.

You flat out criticized the weathering on both Cain and ED, and that's fine, nothing wrong with being critical.
In fact it's a good thing that can help perfect an item.

Sure, you can post whatever you want (within reason), and you're correct, you don't have to clarify anything if you don't want to.

Doesn't mean others wont call you out on it or at least try to find out why you feel that way.

I still don't see how you can say there is a problem with weathering on ED-209, maybe you just wrote that as a knee-jerk reaction without actually seeing anything wrong with it?

Again, criticism is a good thing.. but if you are going to criticize something on a public forum be prepared to explain said criticism..

Rather than just stomping your feet and essentially saying "I'm right, and I don't have to explain myself".

If you're not willing to explain it, then your criticism is not constructive at all.
CallMe_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 09:48 AM   #524
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Thx is a long time member and always right when it comes to statue accuracy. He knows his stuff!
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 09:56 AM   #525
CallMe_Snake
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Ok... so that means ED-209 has "heavy handed" weathering??
Old 06-19-2015, 10:11 AM   #526
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

I would respectfully disagree with the heavy handed weathering comments.

Unless you have seen the originals, honestly you don't get it. ED-209 was very heavily weathered, Phil didn't want that on this model, he wanted more of a look of the 1:1 from the boardroom.

The puppet is heavily weathered, even more so than ours.

Cain is the same way, there are six puppets and when we made him really clean, Phil kept saying dirtier....

Here are a few Ed pics to illustrate my point....

Again everyone has in their mind what these pieces should look like and even Phil said to get a sense of scale you need to over weather the miniature. He knows the paint doesn't match the 1:1, but when animating under the lights the details get washed out. So in actuality the puppet is heavy handed, for a reason.

And stop comparing our products to a toy, nothing about those are correct.

Last edited by Chronicle CS; 06-19-2015 at 10:15 AM.
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:13 AM   #527
thx217
Ultimates

As long as you are happy with yours. It is perfect. We're just see things differently. Let's move on, shall we?

Hopefully I'll get my 209 shipping notice soon!
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:35 AM   #528
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

You're right, I don't see it.....

Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:39 AM   #529
CallMe_Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
The puppet is heavily weathered, even more so than ours.

Cain is the same way, there are six puppets and when we made him really clean, Phil kept saying dirtier....

And stop comparing our products to a toy, nothing about those are correct.

Those pics of the original are beautiful.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:55 AM   #530
Patriot666
Birdman

It looks like the original's wiring area around the feet is rotten/corroded or something?
Patriot666 is offline   Reply With Quote