Vixen Cover Girls by DC Collectibles

Vixen Covergirls – DC Collectibles
Designed by Stanley “Artgerm” Lau.
Sculpted by Sam Greenwell.
Stands at approximately 9.5” high.
Limited edition size of 5200.
RRP: $99.95 USD

Intro.
The popular DC Cover Girls continues with the latest release, Vixen. The first POC in the series (unless you count Starfire), Vixen is an iconic member of the Justice League, with abilities in tune with the animal kingdom.

She has been absent in the last few years in the comics, but DC has recently announced a new animated series starring Vixen, set in the Arrow/Flash universe on the CW.

With many reboots coming to DC in June after the big Convergence event, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Vixen reappearing somewhere. For now, we have this statue to discuss.

Sculpt. 7.0
Sam Greenwell sculpts this piece instead of the regular Cover Girls sculptor, Jack Matthews. Greenwell does a great job capturing Vixen’s fighting stance and the hair is quite nicely detailed. Her fingers/claws look fantastic and sharp enough to do some serious damage.

The overall sculpt is rather simplistic, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. It’s nice to see a statue that doesn’t need overly excessive frills to draw attention. Vixen is baddass enough to catch your eye!

Paint. 7.5
The paint work on this piece is really nicely done. The lines are sharp and clean. The colours are all really great, as is skin tone. The paint in her hair is also great, especially the lines between her hair and her forehead. The costume could definitely be a little more vibrant, but overall, it's all done quite well.

Design. 7.0
Artgerm returns with an original design for Vixen. The pose is action-ready and fits in well with the rest of Artgerm’s ladies. The new costume is great, although I’m not a huge fan of the cornrows hairdo. I would have preferred the original short hair style.

The one odd thing about the new look is the fact we might not be seeing this costume anywhere. We know the animated Vixen will have the original look, so where will this statue-look show up? Hopefully it’s the comics otherwise this would be a bit of an odd choice.

Greenwell did, however, do a great job translating this piece into 3D. The spirit of the original art is certainly evident in the final product.

Production and Build Quality. 8.5

Vixen came out quite nicely. She’s hard to get in the base, but once you manage, she is very secure and doesn’t wobble like some of the other figures. The statue is well packaged and the box is compact.

Overall. 7.5
Vixen is a great addition to the Cover Girls line. It’s exciting to DC continue to choose diverse, interesting characters.

If you love this line, it’s looking like Artgerm’s designs are continuing! Harley Quinn and Wonder Woman are both out in July and Red Lantern Bleeze has recently been solicited for October.

Oh- and let’s no forget we still absolutely need a Catwoman, Power Girl, Black Canary and Zatanna Cover Girl!

Thanks for checking out this review! Make sure you check out some more of StatueForum's awesome reviews right here!
Dahwaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:23 AM   #2
Dahwaf
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Bonus Group shots!

Dahwaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 03:55 PM   #3
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Hi Dahwaf,

thank you very much for this incredible review; I love it!
I must admit that I am not familiar with the character but I have read your review and looked at your pics with interest and pleasure.

Truly great stuff; good work!

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:21 PM   #4
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Thanks for the informative & helpful review Dahwaf! May purchase Vixen along with Mera, Katana, & WW later on.
Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:43 PM   #5
dechirico7
The Flash

She looks great and ads some much needed texture to the line.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 11:00 PM   #6
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Great addition to the line. Love the choice of pose for Vixen as well.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:16 PM   #7
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
She looks great and ads some much needed texture to the line.
I agree.

Another great review, Dahwaf. I completely agree with your assessment. Nice job!
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:31 PM   #8
TethMau74
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Mine just came in yesterday and she is a nice statue. Good review Dahwaf.
TethMau74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 05:29 PM   #9
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I was on the fence about Vixen, but I think I am now sold! ��
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote