Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Old 06-16-2012, 07:30 AM   #121
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez View Post
First day of Supanova is done and I'm back at the hotel. Was able to start a new Jam and get a few characters on it (will post pictures when I'm back at home). Managed to get a few interviews and got some more a scheduled for tomorrow and best of all, I met Royd in person!
Glad you had a good day Liam!

Tell Royd to call me back tomorrow!
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:35 AM   #122
jollyskeleton
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

sounds really fun! I saw pics on facebook from the Supanova page. Looks packed!
jollyskeleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #123
mez
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Yeah it was pretty busy. It's great for the scene that the cons are getting such large numbers but you kind of wish it was less crowded at the same time. I'll let Royd know to call you Rocket.
mez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:52 PM   #124
blink90210

Sounds awesome, can't wait to see how Sydney finishes before it rolls on to Perth!
blink90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:54 PM   #125
Rocket
Art of Mod

Thanks mate, he was rushed off his feet yesterday, I'm sure!
Old 06-17-2012, 04:00 AM   #126
Woody
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Thanks mate, he was rushed off his feet yesterday, I'm sure!
Royd was busier than a one-armed man pitching a tent in a windstorm! But I think he enjoys it that way

Back home last night after a lightning trip to the con. Crowds were absolute MADNESS! Con had it's ups and downs, but I ended up being completely stoked that I went, mainly because of the awesomely talented Mr Jim Cheung!

More details on that, and photos, shortly in a thread I'll start in the comic art section.
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:12 AM   #127
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
Royd was busier than a one-armed man pitching a tent in a windstorm! But I think he enjoys it that way

Back home last night after a lightning trip to the con. Crowds were absolute MADNESS! Con had it's ups and downs, but I ended up being completely stoked that I went, mainly because of the awesomely talented Mr Jim Cheung! :buttock:

More details on that, and photos, shortly in a thread I'll start in the comic art section.
Looking forward to it mate!
Old 06-17-2012, 07:34 AM   #128
blink90210

Wow, Syd-Novas are packed! Nice write up Woody, I'm a bit jealous I didn't get to go but it sounds like it was a big success from the promoter's point of view.
blink90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:37 AM   #129
Royd
Producer
Producer

*Whew* Supanova Sydney was a truly exhausting and thrilling experience! Early (very) rough attendance estimates are between 20K - 30K! Saturday was extremely busy with an estimated 15K people and Sunday seemed marginally less busy.

Lots of fun managing the Supanova comics creator guests at the King's Booth and Artist Alley ensuring that they got to panels on time, took their breaks, managed their queues etc. Saturday was mind-boggling but Sunday was more manageable thank goodness

Had dinner with Jim Cheung, Peter Nguyen and Nicola Scott last night - very funny night with late drinks at Three Wise Monkeys. Also very impressed with David Mack (total professional) who turned out some (really) awesome sketches for very reasonable prices and gave a wonderful MasterClass. Tony Moore and his wife Kara also great guests and very popular indeed!

Great to catch up with the one and only David Yardin (it'll be good to see him again in Perth) and the ever lovely Nicola Scott! Nicola was very popular at the King's Booth and it was a delight to catch up with her again.

I also snuck across to the nearby Dymocks booth where the author guests were located including Matthew Reilly and Christopher Paolini. Both Christopher and Matthew's queues were very long all day each day but Matthew's was longer and he's a Sydney local!

Matthew stayed back an extra hour on Sunday (past finishing time) to make sure the last person in his queue had their books signed! He also brought along his (working) DeLorean to Supanova for display and he got a photo with himself and Christopher (Doc) Lloyd posed on the hood of his DeLorean - haha!

Also fabulous to meet SF members Mez and Woody at the show!
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:02 AM   #130
BoloMusashi
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Yeah looking forward to the Perth event this week. Hoping to get some sketches done as well as collect some cool stuff. I should be helping a buddy out with his booth (FiguresDirect) on Saturday and some of Sunday.
BoloMusashi is offline   Reply With Quote