Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-23-2017, 08:57 PM   #401
SONICobra
Batman

I think both bruce and Alfred are looking at superman (Alfred in person)
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 10:21 PM   #402
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Amy and Henry can also be used in flashbacks and short bursts. I don't think Supes comes back in this one. I'd actually prefer if that way.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:26 AM   #403
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

Yeah, in my opinion it´s 99% chance that Alfred is talking to Superman and the 1% is Aquaman. I don´t think any other character would make sense in that scene, considering the words Alfred used.
Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:51 AM   #404
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Amy and Henry can also be used in flashbacks and short bursts. I don't think Supes comes back in this one. I'd actually prefer if that way.
Lego and other merchandising is screaming otherwise
I am fully confident he's back. I like you I would have preferred a longer narrative for Kal though WB wasted an amazing storyline, with narrative enough for a couple of films, by shoehorning the Death of Superman into the third act of their second movie IMHO....
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:52 AM   #405
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

He'll come back in the last bit of the movie and the the next movie is where Supes joins them and they kick butt as the fully formed League.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:55 AM   #406
SONICobra
Batman

i think the "ALL IN" at the very end after the "better late than never" scene just about confirms supes is back
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:56 AM   #407
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Jeremy Irons is 6.1 ft tall and looking at the video he's not looking down but more up, so unless the person he is talking to is tall or floating I don't think it is Supergirl.

Amy Adams is in the movie and so is Henry Cavill so it is more than likely Superman.
Henry Cavill could just be in flashbacks. The legs in the hologram look to thin to be Superman. I doubt Alfred is talking to Aquaman as you hear a sonic boom which causes the water to shake in the glass. It could be superman but i'm hoping it's not as it would make the story to predictable with Superman raising from the dead and saving everyone at the last second.

I would prefer if Superman was brought back in the Flashpoint story vs he had sun radiation in his cells that just took several months to repair him while he was buried underground, which seems like a weak excuse for him coming back from the dead.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:02 PM   #408
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
He'll come back in the last bit of the movie and the the next movie is where Supes joins them and they kick butt as the fully formed League.
To be honest I think that was the original plan before the reception to BvS. Originally JL 1&2 were supposed to come out in 2017 and 2018 with the movies being filmed concurrently. Once confidence in Snyder's vision was rattled it got distilled into a single film.

There are some mega-talented storytellers in Johns, Affleck, Terio and Wheddon guiding the narrative so I'm personally not going to write off the massive change as I would have in other circumstances.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:18 PM   #409
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Sigh. I believe you are all right.

And with Koto being allowed to show their new Justice League Superman statue at SDCC, he has to be more than a hologram.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:39 PM   #410
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Henry Cavill could just be in flashbacks. The legs in the hologram look to thin to be Superman. I doubt Alfred is talking to Aquaman as you hear a sonic boom which causes the water to shake in the glass. It could be superman but i'm hoping it's not as it would make the story to predictable with Superman raising from the dead and saving everyone at the last second.

I would prefer if Superman was brought back in the Flashpoint story vs he had sun radiation in his cells that just took several months to repair him while he was buried underground, which seems like a weak excuse for him coming back from the dead.
I know everyone keep on saying the image in the hologram is not Superman, and I agree, but who's to say the person at the end of the trailer and hologram has to be the same person?

I too do not like the idea of Superman being resurrected in this movie and should be a movie on it is own, but it would make a big splash if he shows up while the League is losing the fight against Steppenwolf and he turns the tide.

I just noticed on IMDB Martha Kent is in the movie too, so why have these Superman supporting cast members in the movie without him?
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote