Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-30-2019, 05:13 AM   #8441
HBK83
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
I’ve noticed most collectors only own art prints from Sideshow especially when it comes to Marvel/DC ones.
Price , people complaining about pricing, art prints from other places are so much more. A few artists sell
Decent quality art prints for a good price. But if you want good quality comic art from these same artists your going to spend upwards of $300 or more. Some people like del otto have great deals on amazing work though but they are rare.
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 02:45 PM   #8442
Ginormousthumbs
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
You can get the actual Jim Lee art of that X-Men print on art.com for A LOT cheaper.
Even though it’s not the same size, good lord they have awesome stuff!
Ginormousthumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 02:59 PM   #8443
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

There's a great looking Wolverine VS Juggernaut print in the contest section on SS.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 02:59 PM   #8444
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
You can get the actual Jim Lee art of that X-Men print on art.com for A LOT cheaper.
I checked out art.com and it's just a site that prints it's own stuff so it's really a place that makes their own copies. Nothing official. We can print our own at home in that case. I wanted a official Jim Lee x-men #1, art print and hope ss will do it in the future.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 09:00 PM   #8445
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
I checked out art.com and it's just a site that prints it's own stuff so it's really a place that makes their own copies. Nothing official. We can print our own at home in that case. I wanted a official Jim Lee x-men #1, art print and hope ss will do it in the future.
Art.com and allposters.com also don't have the best quality. I recently spent around $150 on art and the sizing was off, quality of the product was bad, and quality of the frame was worse. It could've been a fluke thing, but I had to go with a refund. They had very friendly/fast customer service and excellent shipping...but I don't think I'd ever order from any of the art.com companies again.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 05:20 PM   #8446
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

7 day shipping notice for # 4 unframed print. Hmmm should I wait to see if the canvas converts or just settle for the print :/
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 05:24 PM   #8447
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
7 day shipping notice for # 4 unframed print. Hmmm should I wait to see if the canvas converts or just settle for the print :/
I ordered the art book today from Amazon, and it arrives tomorrow. If that one is of good quality, I'll gladly save myself $75 and cancel this.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 05:54 PM   #8448
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I ordered the art book today from Amazon, and it arrives tomorrow. If that one is of good quality, I'll gladly save myself $75 and cancel this.
The art book print of #4 is very high quality IMO. I was quite shocked at how good those prints are.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 05:57 PM   #8449
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
The art book print of #4 is very high quality IMO. I was quite shocked at how good those prints are.
That's awesome to hear! There's so many great prints in that book, I'm shocked at how cheap it was. But, on the flip side, it also shows you how truly wildly overpriced these Sideshow prints are.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 06:11 PM   #8450
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
The ark book is a perfect example of middle finger to the overpriced “art prints”. I really hope they will continue the series.
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote