Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 09-08-2006, 03:19 PM   #1
cardfan
Frackin!

Ethical Retailers?

Yesterday, my comic book store received its case of Storm Trooper busts. He had the white displayed and priced at $55. I asked about the blue and orange and was told they were variants and he would get me a price. He then went over to his computer and checked eBay. I was then told he would be putting them on eBay himself and I could bid starting Monday! Has anyone run into this? I'm mad enough to stop shopping there. Thoughts............
cardfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:23 PM   #2
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

If this is how he treats regular customers and you are a regular customer it's time to start looking for a new LCS. He'd loose my business and never get another dime from me.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:24 PM   #3
devlinboy
Official Thread Killer

yeah its happened to a few people on here before, its bad business imo but most stores have a waiver that says price can change to reflect market value. thats the loophole. i would think he should sell them for more but he should still sell them to you in the store. you are keeping his brick and mortar business afloat. with out you he wouldnt have a storefront at all

recently i shipped something that i thought would cost a certain price to ship. when i went to ups it was way way more than i charged,. i lost 10 $ on the whole deal but its a lesson learned and it would be bad business to say anything to the client.
devlinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:25 PM   #4
Thing
Sinister Six

Tell him to stick his comics somewhere and find another dealer...
Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:26 PM   #5
kaza5555
New Republic

Regular or not, this LCS does not cater for his customers and only looking out for himself. I wouldn't shop there.
kaza5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:31 PM   #6
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

Tell him go fVck the Strom Trooper, if that's the only way he prefer, which is ebay, don't even bother...
I hate when those LCS owners only care about profit, I know it's what they lived on, but as a customer, if they don't provide good service? NO DEAL!
One of my LCS owner told me that I can use 30% off special for my next two purchase, and I found a bust I want later, told him I would like to use the special, all the sudden, he turned grumpy, very pissed and grab the bust and throw the price tag on floor, didn't say a thing and told me before I left "This is the LAST time you'll ever receive a special deal!!"
I think WTK!!!!! You told me I can use the special for my next 2 purchase, it's my first one after that! I won't even bother to visit the store anymore, it's very clear, the owner is a short-temper liar, I don't have much to say...
The thing is it's not me who ask for the special, it's you , the owner who offered me the special, and you're trying to deny it now? What a business man...
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:35 PM   #7
lockford88
The Riddler

cardfan.....which store is it? there is a crappy store here in jersey that does it all the time......there is actually a thread devoted to these guys....while i do believe the orange and blue should be more expensive then the white....the ebay checking is just a crappy way of doing business.....
lockford88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:36 PM   #8
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
Yesterday, my comic book store received its case of Storm Trooper busts. He had the white displayed and priced at $55. I asked about the blue and orange and was told they were variants and he would get me a price. He then went over to his computer and checked eBay. I was then told he would be putting them on eBay himself and I could bid starting Monday! Has anyone run into this? I'm mad enough to stop shopping there. Thoughts............
this wouldn't happen to be that one in new jersey would it?
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:38 PM   #9
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

damn i would stop shopping there imediately
Old 09-08-2006, 03:47 PM   #10
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

I have mixed feelings on this. If you are a regular customer and purchase this type of item on a regular basis, then I think you should be given a "fair" deal. Retail is $55, ebay price is $155, maybe a price of $85-$100 for you. The retailer does have a right make money, regardless of what people would like to believe.

However, in terms of the way he handled it, that was kind of messed up. If he needed to "get back to you later" on the price, he should have waited for you to leave and then done whatever research he wanted to do. He should at least have offered you the piece outright and not given you the "start bidding on Monday" routine.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote