Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 09-08-2006, 05:00 PM   #21
Thing
Sinister Six

I preorder all my GG starwars busts thru my LCS. If he ever charged me more for the busts i would take me business elsewhere. Next time order from Drod...
Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 05:07 PM   #22
oxbeard
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
I think if they pre-sell/quote you a price then they should honor it. If they simply get the stuff in and see that it's going to more than retail, I don't see any problem with raising their prices accordingly.
Yeah that's the way I see it too. And just to clarify, the situations I'm talking about are pricing stock that is left after all preorders have been filled at the preorder price.
oxbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 05:34 PM   #23
kirthew
Zot

Alright... I dont think it is fair for us to bash retailers who are trying to make a living... How many of us here have bought a bust that was very rare for retail... when it is going for 2x or 3x the amount on ebay... Yeah he could have handled it better... but we are only hearing one side here... maybe the retailer has a different tale...

I have a hard time believing that the guy went over to the comptuer... looked it up on ebay, licked the cheetoes off his fingertips and said.. "Muahahha... you can start bidding on it on Monday..." A smart retailer would have said... "You know my friend... it is going for 155 on ebay... you want to buy it for 120?"
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 05:40 PM   #24
Gianco
X-Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1 View Post
If this is how he treats regular customers and you are a regular customer it's time to start looking for a new LCS. He'd loose my business and never get another dime from me.
Agree!
Gianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 05:41 PM   #25
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

he obviously isn't a smart retailer then
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 05:53 PM   #26
madjazz
Defender of The Defenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderV3 View Post
great point! Big G!!!
Since I'm a regular buyer/visitor of my LCSs, they automatically give me 10% everytime, I don't wanna see this happene on me...
Check out dcbservice.com. Even with the shipping you'll make out better than that.

Preordered busts and statues have great prices on comicstatues.com as well, and you'd be supporting the people that pay the bills for the forum.

In this day and age when the LCS is dying out, it really ticks me off to hear about service like that.
madjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 07:48 PM   #27
Colossus
Loki

I can tell you from being a previous comic store owner that yeah he did things wrong about just checking eby and telling you to bid on it, if he knew it was going to be a hot item then let him check it out and get back to you. If it was a pre-order and you had already paid or left a deposit then they should honor that. I can tell you from experience though with like comics everyone wanted a variant and so many regulars had to be ordered to get one which usually mean that the comic store owner was left sitting on a lot of extra copies because the variant was only what people wanted and yes I would charge more money for it usually but a lot of times it still didnt make up for all the extra junk issues that I had to sit on. So I don't begrudge stores for making more than retail when they can. If it is higher than I wanna pay I go somewhere else but I cant say hay you are charging me more than retail when it is going on ebay and around the world for more than retail. just my .02
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:28 PM   #28
CompEng1
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Raise the prices all they want to it's their right. If they want to sell them on Ebay, it's their right...but to stiff a loyal customer right to his face is not just cruel, it's bad business. Just think if they would have sold Cardfan an exclusive at retail price, they'd have a loyal customer long after the exclusives were gone. Sometimes you have to think ahead...thier loss.
CompEng1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:35 PM   #29
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
My LCS is in San Diego. This guy owns 2 stores in town and I guess this has been his practice all along. When ever I showed up to check the price of a varient, I was always too late. Now I know he sets them aside for eBay. The other LSC I shop at has been getting involved in gaming to the extent I can't even get to the racks to buy comics because there blocked by gaming tables and players.
The ones with the gaming tables blocking the comics wouldn't happen to be in Mira Mesa right off the freeway, would it?
Old 09-08-2006, 08:39 PM   #30
mailboy
Doh!

I got all three variants from my LCS for 20% off retail. I buy all the busts, the Bowen statues, and a heck of a lot of books from him. I asked him in advance to hold them for me, and since he values my business he does the right thing.
mailboy is offline   Reply With Quote