Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 07-29-2015, 07:30 PM   #11
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalThrasher View Post
Well according to the article he's a bow hunter, guns don't really seem to be the issue on this.
Well, the arrow didn't kill the lion so they tracked it down and shot it.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:36 PM   #12
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Well, the arrow didn't kill the lion so they tracked it down and shot it.
so what you're saying is that the gun put the poor animal out of it's misery and everybody should have one just in case?
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 07:41 PM   #13
RadicalThrasher
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

The guy spent 50k to go to Africa to hunt a lion, pretty sure he would've used a rocket a launcher if he had to. I could care less about guns either way. Just pointing out its shifting from the guy killing a protected lion to a gun debate
RadicalThrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 08:18 PM   #14
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
so what you're saying is that the gun put the poor animal out of it's misery and everybody should have one just in case?
I am not saying anything. Don't try to read anything into my question.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:31 PM   #15
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
I'm pro-gun and I think this guy is a b-tch.
Agreed. You can support the right to bear arms and still think this activity is reprehensible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
He was charged by federal authorities in the states for shooting a black bear out of the correct zone. This guy is pathetic excuse for a human. The ----s who helped him should also be jailed. But the Zimbanian government is also to blame for allowing these jokers into the country.
Two of the guides were released on bail, with court orders to appear later. Hopefully this event forces stricter policies on poaching. It's certainly attracted a global audience.

I'm hoping Walter James Palmer doesn't walk away unscathed. His reputation has taken a big hit, but there should be some official ruling against him. I'm not buying his email statement. The guy's killed endangered animals before. That he didn't know he was doing anything wrong is bull$#!t.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 05:45 AM   #16
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I've heard about this. I'm a avid hunter and feel this is a huge black eye on the hobby. some rich boy wants to spend big money just to kill a dangerous animal, reminds me of the Jimmy Johns owner.

There's no sport in it when you need guides or if you just want a trophy to brag to your buddies.

the proper way is cleaning the kill yourself, doing something beneficial with the fur (rug, blanket, mount), the claws are cool collectibles and then there's the meat: 3-4 hundred pound animal...........alot of steak n jerky there, I image it's good.

They need to hit this piece of trash hard. 50 g's, jeez.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 06:56 AM   #17
omigeo
Alpha Flight

It’s a shame that we still have people doing this sort of activities, and to top it off, a Dentist for that matter?

You would think that a person like this would know better. Some people are just too egotistical, blinded and pompous to see the other shoe.

Let’s hope that we don't come to a time where humans are just considered fun game to shoot, but wait? We do seem to do it to each other anyways since most of society have become desensitize.

Mass killings in other parts of the world and not a peep in the main stream media about that sort of news.
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 03:26 PM   #18
Juggernaut
The Falcon

To me this is not about for or against guns or gun control.

This is about a man luring a lion out of a a park where it's protected, so he could shoot it wich is closer to poaching if you ask me.

I hope they get very long prison sentences.
Juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 03:58 PM   #19
moon_knight1971
Rescue

What he did was wrong but all the energy and time on this topic (= money) upsets me just as much as his actions. There are sooooo many more issues that could make better use of this attention and money. A kid shots himself with a pink handled handgun he thought was a toy and barely a blimp on social media yet a lion illegally slain gets front page billing for several days. Really makes no sense to me.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 04:43 PM   #20
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post
What he did was wrong but all the energy and time on this topic (= money) upsets me just as much as his actions. There are sooooo many more issues that could make better use of this attention and money. A kid shots himself with a pink handled handgun he thought was a toy and barely a blimp on social media yet a lion illegally slain gets front page billing for several days. Really makes no sense to me.
I've seen many comments similar to this over the past few days. They confuse me lol. Why do people seem to think if Situation A is being talked about that the world grinds to a halt and nobody is also still thinking about Situations B, C, D, etc. as well? So humans are only capable of worrying/caring about one and only one issue at any particular time...is that how it works?
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote