Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-21-2019, 11:38 AM   #71
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
When I first saw Colossus I thought I would do the pre-order thing, then I thought I would wait and order when the ES was announced, now I'll just wait about 2 years and pick him up for less than retail.
Nothing wrong with that. Plenty of people buy hobby stuff used. You'll save a ton of cash on barely used instruments, for example.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 12:09 PM   #72
Rav
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
When I first saw Colossus I thought I would do the pre-order thing, then I thought I would wait and order when the ES was announced, now I'll just wait about 2 years and pick him up for less than retail.
Smart choice, I may do the same for Cyclops. Inflated edition sizes and mass production make this a buyer’s market. Who knows, in 2 years there may be another couple versions of both on the market. Hopefully, with a light up function.
Rav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 12:23 PM   #73
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rav View Post
Smart choice, I may do the same for Cyclops. Inflated edition sizes and mass production make this a buyer’s market. Who knows, in 2 years there may be another couple versions of both on the market. Hopefully, with a light up function.
I'd be surprised if SS does another version within 2 years, but agree waiting on an ES is probably the way to go.

Tho i don't care about the light up function, its just something extra to break or stop working, making it less valuable. Tho it maybe less valuable anyway, won't be surprised if they still have this cyclops by next year's spooktacular.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 12:59 PM   #74
Rav
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
I'd be surprised if SS does another version within 2 years, but agree waiting on an ES is probably the way to go.

Tho i don't care about the light up function, its just something extra to break or stop working, making it less valuable. Tho it maybe less valuable anyway, won't be surprised if they still have this cyclops by next year's spooktacular.
There are more statue companies than SSc tho, and more scales and formats than 1/4 scale PFs. Movie versions will come out soon since the Mouse House got back the X-franchise and FF4. Additionally, when companies wear out 1/4 scale they will just move to 1/3 or 1/2 scale X-men.

Oh, the Cyclops will probably be available next Spooktacular.
Rav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 02:41 PM   #75
bigdaddyvenom
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Same.
why did she leave?
bigdaddyvenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 02:44 PM   #76
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyvenom View Post
why did she leave?
She was fired by Sideshow. She doesn't talk about it so we really don't know why. She has her own Facebook page and talks about other companies as well. For example her favorite statue is XM's Doctor Strange.

Edit: She just launched a YouTube channel today.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 06:40 PM   #77
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyvenom View Post
why did she leave?
http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=166484
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 02:09 AM   #78
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rav View Post
Movie versions will come out soon since the Mouse House got back the X-franchise and FF4.
Did not realise FF4 properly after all the X-Men in the MCU-News, so we are coming closer to some of the more interesting movies of some cool crossover comic stories.
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 06:53 PM   #79
Bill Lehecka
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
She was fired by Sideshow. She doesn't talk about it so we really don't know why. She has her own Facebook page and talks about other companies as well. For example her favorite statue is XM's Doctor Strange.

Edit: She just launched a YouTube channel today.
I'm glad she started up her own thing.

It's weird. Susan was a reason I'd watch the livestreams. It wasn't because "Oh look, a girl!!!!!" She came off as genuine. Doing these new YouTube vids confirms that she really does love this hobby. They haven't found that voice yet in videos since, and it's going to be a long time before Sideshow finds someone that could fill her shoes.

Spook just isn't going to be the same this year. A company like SSC is better served having a face of the company rather than a rotating cast of characters.
Bill Lehecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 10:10 AM   #80
tarim69
Sailor Moon

I really liked the Ghost Rider unboxing.
The love and knowledge of the character ... and excitement for the statue really came though.
You could tell the guy was a big fan.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote