Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-08-2016, 09:04 PM   #71
Moralsrbaseless
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
pretty much all of this, this was a strange choice for prime1 imo - especially because they havent even finished joker yet
I don't think it's strange, a lot of people who played the game enjoyed this variant of the character. I don't think it will be hot seller, but it will eventually sell.
Moralsrbaseless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 04:17 AM   #72
batman1180
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moralsrbaseless View Post
I don't know where you get your information from, but you're wrong. If you asked anyone who played the game, the vast majority would tell you they think he's bad ass (the market they're after). And no he wouldn't have a chance when he looks like an alternate iron man that no one has ever seen. "Hey guys, let's get this version of a character that's based on a 90's comic no one has read." "Yeah man, they shouldn't base it around the video game that sold millions of copies and has introduced the vast majority of those people to the character for the first time."
You do realize that the Armor that you're so easily dismissing here came about during the Knightfall story arc, one of the most recognized Batman stories of all time. To say nobody read it is laughable at best. Clearly, you weren't a comic fan during the 90's, or even during the Dark Knight Rises movie since this story got a pretty big resurgence then considering the movie borrowed heavily from it.

With that said, I played the game also, and he was a nice, albeit extremely minor addition to it, that was mostly relegated to side quests. You seem to be a big fan, which is great, it's nice you're getting a representation of the character in statue form. SLF is just voicing his opinion on what he would like to see and what would probably sell more in the long run for P1. From what I've seen him post, I don't think he's taken any direct shots at the statue's quality nor the people who like said version of the character.

Some people agree with him I'm sure, some don't, it doesn't diminish this piece, but as I believe I've seen you state in another post, it's going to be a tough sale to push through 500 of these at the price it's going for. But who knows, with the low edition size, it might get people excited and it may sell out quickly.
batman1180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 01:20 PM   #73
Moralsrbaseless
Kindly Asked To Leave

xx
Moralsrbaseless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 02:13 PM   #74
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

The most popular $900+ Batman P1 statues seem to be the ones that fall in the neutral category (Deathstroke's tactical gear is almost like a Sideshow PF re-imagining) or the ones that use the loophole of skins (FM Bats). Video game Azrael? apparently not even P1 believes this will sell well.

Nostalgia is a big driving force when making these $1000 purchases. I was a teen in the 90's and have a soft spot for that era in comics as I was actively reading all these stories on a monthly basis. You give me a Ben Reilly Spiderman, original Azrael or some other 90's based thing with high quality and I may bite at 1K. I think many people feel the same given the reception of the FM Bats. Not exactly 90's but you get the point.

500 ES tells you how much they believe this piece will sell. If you have been following this P1 board you may have come to realize that many people will take the parachute, bail out and get their NRD back at the first delay. If there is no emotional attachment to the character or nostalgia driving the purchase it is very easy to talk big, preorder and not follow through in the end. It is an expensive proposition afterall.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 10:41 AM   #75
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Nice! Will definitely add this to the collection.
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 03:29 PM   #76
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

up for PO on Sideshow's website

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectib...studio-902845/
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 04:33 PM   #77
DARK3N
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Really really amazing statue!
If I hadn't limit myself to 3 statues of this line I'd be all over this one
DARK3N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 04:36 PM   #78
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

This piece looks so righteously outstanding! The detail on it is superb.

I am really tempted to pick this piece up. I think it would make a great companion piece for any of Prime 1's Batman pieces released so far.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 07:15 PM   #79
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
Thanks for the heads up! Ordered!
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 04:19 PM   #80
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I think as far as actual statues go, this is pretty much a perfect statue in my books. An imposing museum pose. A simple but details base. It is perfect symmetry as far as the design goes with the exception of minor details. I did not know anything about this character prior to the video games and even in the games I thought that this guy had too good of a presence to not have been a staple in Batman canon that I was just not familiar with. With all that being said, I would never drop that kind of money on a character who I think is cool from a video game. But congrats to those that do. And to them I say, please consider donating to the MrJones fund because I clearly don't have enough disposable income.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote