Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-31-2018, 08:12 AM   #111
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
https://www.prime1studio.com/gijoe-s...pmgj-05ex.html

Here's the product link for anyone that cares.

I'm disappointed. Nothing got changed, and the EX head is pretty uninspired imo. And I guess the removable holster is a step in the right direction since P1 didn't give Storm or Snake removable sword handles for the sheaths when you're displaying them without their sword hands.

Pass, and I really hate that I'm passing =( Hopefully PCS does her justice...
PCS is most likely going to drop the GI Joe license like a hot potato after a few pieces come out and don’t sell as well as they would like. Already saw what happened with the Masters of the Universe license. Even Sideshow dropped their GI Joe line. This line probably isn’t selling as well as Prime 1 would like. It’s unfortunate but doesn’t seem to be a huge market for this license.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 08:27 AM   #112
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

Yes SSC did about 3 years and gave up. 3 statues, 2 PFs, 3 diorama, F4F did one piece. Would not be surprised if PCS gave up after a few pieces. They need to do cartoon statues and make them awesome then they might keep the line going.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 10:42 AM   #113
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Looks like the double crossbow is gone.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 04:20 PM   #114
BurningRage
Inhumans

Nice booty
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 07:59 PM   #115
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Anyone know when Sideshow will have for preorder.
Old 06-01-2018, 12:13 AM   #116
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
PCS is most likely going to drop the GI Joe license like a hot potato after a few pieces come out and don’t sell as well as they would like. Already saw what happened with the Masters of the Universe license. Even Sideshow dropped their GI Joe line. This line probably isn’t selling as well as Prime 1 would like. It’s unfortunate but doesn’t seem to be a huge market for this license.
To be fair, PCS went way further on the MOTU than it deserved to.

They got most of the main cast out. Missing out on only Ram Man and Merman. Other characters that people wanted weren't part of a regular cast and while it would have been nice to have them was always going to be a bit of a stretch based on sales. It's a fair effort and I doubt sideshow get anywhere near it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
Yes SSC did about 3 years and gave up. 3 statues, 2 PFs, 3 diorama, F4F did one piece. Would not be surprised if PCS gave up after a few pieces. They need to do cartoon statues and make them awesome then they might keep the line going.
PCS have already confirmed that they will be doing G.I.Joe based on cartoon. Might help sales, who knows? Joe's just aren't selling well, even in the toy stores.

This scarlet is nice. I like it more than I thought I would but not as much as I wanted to. If I get her, it will be to pair with Snake Eyes. I would much rather her not have the comic pants but the cartoon tights.

Also, I kinda want to wait for PCS effort because if it's good I may cancel Snake Eyes and just go for their line.

Apart from a bit of hair coming down in front of the face, I cannot tell the difference between the two heads?
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:22 AM   #117
Kevorkian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

this ex one and dx slan head are very lazy sculpts, kind of copy paste of the regulars one except hairs and tongue for slan
Kevorkian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:31 AM   #118
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
To be fair, PCS went way further on the MOTU than it deserved to.

They got most of the main cast out. Missing out on only Ram Man and Merman. Other characters that people wanted weren't part of a regular cast and while it would have been nice to have them was always going to be a bit of a stretch based on sales. It's a fair effort and I doubt sideshow get anywhere near it.

PCS have already confirmed that they will be doing G.I.Joe based on cartoon. Might help sales, who knows? Joe's just aren't selling well, even in the toy stores.

This scarlet is nice. I like it more than I thought I would but not as much as I wanted to. If I get her, it will be to pair with Snake Eyes. I would much rather her not have the comic pants but the cartoon tights.

Also, I kinda want to wait for PCS effort because if it's good I may cancel Snake Eyes and just go for their line.

Apart from a bit of hair coming down in front of the face, I cannot tell the difference between the two heads?
If your going to wait for PCS, be prepared for a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG WAIT. You are probably looking at 3 years if they are even still in business which I would bet money on that they are not..
Old 06-01-2018, 12:45 AM   #119
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

The GI Joe line needs to be a smaller scale - 1/6 at the max. I personally think 1/6 or 1/10 would be perfect. Then the company producing them could produce many characters at a decent price point.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 10:05 AM   #120
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

This is still not up at Sideshow, I hope they carry it.